BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Ocracoke

Re: BotFest 4 (25th April 2020)

Post by Ocracoke »

So I've had a look at the updated legislation from the government and it looks as if gatherings of up to 30 people are permitted these days subject to appropriate measures. Since the Church has more internal area to space out in, my initial thought is that BotFest 4 will be hosted there with several limitations applied to it such as single person teams potentially, will need to think on it.

If it is possible, how does earlyish September sound for everyone?
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Assuming I can arrange a means to get there, that sounds great to me!
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Any news on specific date by any chance?
Current active ants: Scrooge McDerp | Ply-By-Wire (likely not to see competition) | Grinding Nemo | When Unicorns Go Rogue
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

I need to speak to the venue about dates and what restrictions would need to be in place. I should know more by Sunday.
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Awesome, thank you!
Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Sorry to be that guy, trying to sort out booking hotel etc. Any updates? No worries if not
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

I've only just heard back from the Church myself regarding the price to hire the place for the afternoon. They are OK with it though it will be on the 26th of September. More details to follow shortly.
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Thank you very much, sorry to be a pain!
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Here we go:

Poulton
Wallasey
CH44 3BD

Date
26th September 2020

Time
11:00 - 18:00

As originally planned, we are planning to split the robots off into 8 round robin heats if there is sufficient numbers with the top robot of that heat going through the quarter-finals and then a straight elimination from there. If there isn't enough robots to justify 8 heats, we'll revert back to the 4 heat system with the top two going through as normal. As always, there will be a all robot rumble as well.

As before, we are running a slightly modified variant of the AWS ruleset (http://robotwars101.org/ants/rules.htm), those being:

2.a: All weight limits have a 5% variance as below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
Antweight: 157.5g (Roller) / 236.25g (Walker)
Fleaweight: 78.75g (Roller) / 118.65g (Walker)
Nanoweight: 26.25g (Roller) / 39.9g (Walker)

2.b: All size limits have a 5% variance, so the dimension cubed that your robot must into is below. Robots that exceed the AWS weight limit but are within the BotFest limit will have a note applied to the technical check sheet but pass in this instance.
Antweight: 106.68mm
Fleaweight: 80.01mm
Nanoweight: 63mm

4.a: All heat matches will last 2 minutes. All other matches except the All Robot Rumble will last 3 minutes. The All Robot Rumble will last until one robot remains mobile.

5.k A team is permitted to enter up to 3 robots of either a roller or walker.

Please note that only the first 14 teams can enter and will be on a first come, first served basis. We recommend that it'd be one person per team however, if you need to bring someone with you, please let me know via a PM or something. It is important that you do this if needed as we need to know exactly the numbers of people coming. In addition to this:

A face covering and gloves MUST be worn at ALL times whilst in the building.
You MUST adhere to the one way system in place at the building.
You MUST respect social distancing.
You WILL need to bring your own PPE and toiletries (coverings, sprays, wipes, hand sanitiser etc).
You MUST NOT attend if you feel unwell in any way.

Event signup is here: https://forms.gle/5XJLuAhE2cFfJQ2w8

Hope to see you there!
Team Kaizen

Tufty

Post by Tufty »

Given the team limits and distancing etc, I assume clusterbots aren't allowed? I'd ask another competitor to run them usually. Obviously wet wipes on remotes and that sort of thing would be a given, but I suspect I wouldn't be the only person who would potentially run a cluster if possible.