Unorthodox bot question

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

minionhunter

Unorthodox bot question

Post by minionhunter »

Hi

What kind of servo does unorthodox run? I think Kyro said it was 8kg.cm/0.045s and weighed about 70g. Is 8kg force at that speed enough to throw a 50g bot (one of wedge wedge wedge) all the way across the arena or is it more? Is that the servo that bot uses?

I haven't worked out the physics formula yet but that's my next step.

Team RobotMad

Re: Unorthodox bot question

Post by Team RobotMad »

Hi
i'm Lincoln of team RobotMad, maker of UnorthodoX
if you look on in the ants section of the forum theres a thread called SmartAnts and Fleas, somewhere on that the build iof UnorthodoX is explained.
the Servo is the Savox SB-2272MG, nearly 8 Kg/cm and 0.035 second per 60 degrees rotation mass of 70g. This amount of power is very overkill.

Basicaly the 8Kg/cm means at 0cm from the pivot the stall force is 8Kg, at 10 cm from the pivot it's 800g. so a 50g bot is absoultly nothing to this servo.
hope that answers your questions
Lincoln Barnes
Maker of "SmartAnts", and other autonomous projects.
Electronic enginering student at Nottingham Trent University.
https://robotmad.squarespace.com

minionhunter

Re: Unorthodox bot question

Post by minionhunter »

Team RobotMad wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:19 pm
Hi
i'm Lincoln of team RobotMad, maker of UnorthodoX
if you look on in the ants section of the forum theres a thread called SmartAnts and Fleas, somewhere on that the build iof UnorthodoX is explained.
the Servo is the Savox SB-2272MG, nearly 8 Kg/cm and 0.035 second per 60 degrees rotation mass of 70g. This amount of power is very overkill.

Basicaly the 8Kg/cm means at 0cm from the pivot the stall force is 8Kg, at 10 cm from the pivot it's 800g. so a 50g bot is absoultly nothing to this servo.
hope that answers your questions
Thank you!!! That's awesome! I really appreciate it.

I'll look for your thread and read it all. This is a really well done bot. It looks amazing and the performance is outstanding! I love it. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my questions! I and my kids loved watching it in the arena!