Antweight World Series 58 - 29th June 2019

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

cmalton

Re: Antweight World Series 58 - 29th June 2019

Post by cmalton »

I have just put out a crew call over at http://www.robotwars101.org/forum/viewt ... f=9&t=2893 - Those who can assist, your help is much appreciated!

***BREAKING NEWS***

With 48 hours until I close sign-ups.... we're about to break Antlog (and, I think, hit the most registered Ants EVER for an event on the Antlog system).

Antlog as it stands has a technical hard limit at 128 robots. Those roboteers and teams entering a full fleet of 4 robots, please be prepared to retire one robot from the competition if we go over this hard limit. In the unlikely event that this does not resolve the situation - we may be forced to ask for volunteers to remove a robot from the competition.

With 128 robots in play this is going to be crazy tight for timing. We are going to need *everyone* to pay attention to the "Now and Next" screens that I will dot around the room to try and make this run smoother. Try and be ready, with your robot, 1-2 battles *before* you are due to fight. If you are going to need more time for repairs, we will try to bump matches around as far as we practically can before it breaks the scheduling.

I am aware we have quite a few new people on the circuit this time around. Those of you that have been around a while - please help them keep their machines running. It will be very fast paced this coming weekend simply down to team count, so please do bear with us!

I will put full timings out on Wednesday evening - but expect the usual 0830 doors, aiming to start by 0945 sharp and it is likely there will be no official lunch break.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Update..... we've now broken Antlog if every registered robot turns up and passes tech check....
Spaceman

Post by Spaceman »

I will be not along as... I am moving house.

I have taken my bots off Antlog.

Hope it goes well
Team 1202

Robototron (Flipper)
Crabulon (Walker)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

My robot Betsie has a Raspberry Pi in it, and requires ~ 2 minutes to boot-up before a fight :)

I will try to pay special attention to the now & next screens. They partially worked at last year's event and were very useful. I almost forfeited a fight at Ant Freeze due to Betsie not being ready.

(On a positive note, my other robot Stacie has no Raspberry Pi and can be ready in a couple of seconds)
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
UserFriendly

Post by UserFriendly »

Hi Chris, I’ve signed up belatedly, as we’re a little unsure if we’re going to be able to make it. Might be too late, but thought I would sign up anyway, just in case it wasn’t!
Andy B - Team UserFriendly
Reading Cybernetics Graduate 1996
Trying not to take Antweights too seriously. I think I'm failing.
First AWS was 46.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Registration is now closed.
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Absolutely gutted about this but we're going to have to drop out (both 'Team Antiquarian' and 'Anthony's Ant Army'). Anthony took a tumble playing tag at school this morning and damaged his shoulder. X-ray has confirmed nothing broken but it's a nasty sprain - he's now in a sling, can't physically operate a transmitter and won't be going anywhere for a few days. The tears of pain after the incident were as nothing compared with the flood when he learnt we wouldn't be able to come to AWS58 :(

Will just to have to move hell or high water to get to the next one (is it Basingstoke in October?)

Apologies Chris for it being so last-minute.
Stuart (Tony's dad)
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Thanks for letting me know and we'll make sure the necessary corrections are made on Antlog.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

2nd from top post updated with (the usual) on-the-day stuff.

Please bring cubes if you have them - we may need them!
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Sorry to hear that Stuart, hope he makes a speedy recovery :).
Next AWS is Sheffield in September, the Antweight open is October.