Team Rocket, Updates and Reports

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: Lukes ramblings

Post by Kyro »

has she been to an event? it worked for my mrs... might work for you... really, it all started when she saw a spinner turn another bot to dust at antfreeze...

but be warned, it'll mean more building of extra bots... so i have 3 teams of bots to build... my own, hers and my son's... thats up to 12 bots... more if any are clusters... i need to teach them the electronics side of it so i can get some help lol
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

team rocket. updates and reports

Post by Kyro »

so... i think its time for an update...

after aws, i was impressed with how well my carbon fibre bot juggernaut (piloted by the mrs) held up against a vertical, horizontal and a drum spinner taking mainly superficial damage (the only actual damage was from a hastily sealed join from where i extended the shell) so i have decided to experiment with kevlar reinforced carbon fibre.

not only should it have more impact resistance, but my my does it look good

the blue really pops.

the bots...

so i am building 3 robots with the carbon aramid which will all be practically identical.
one for myself, and one each for the mrs and my son...

all will be 4wd lifters that will be invertible but also able to self right (i will upload pics after i have completed one as i currently only have the chassis's built and the first shell curing)

all will be 2 layers of carbon aramid with 3 layers for the sides and scoops.

these will be replacements for dominus and juggernaut and the 3rd yet to be named for the mrs team.
bots changed but the name remains (at least for dominus, unsure if my son will rename juggernaut)

dusty has remained unchanged since aws and is not likely to be changed

octane has changed from a 2wd flipper to a 4wd flipper made from 1mm polycarb although it may end up getting some carbon aramid treatment. still needs a bit of work cleaning it up but its funtional

mantis has been stripped down and is going to be completely rebuilt, using 2 servo's for the grabber, some proper esc's (last were big, heavy and overkill at 40 amps) but should somewhat resemble the mantis you saw at aws)

sorry, no pics as its liturally just a pile of electronics currently

clusterbot

yes finally myself and my son has built a cluster... i wired up the electronics and let my son loose with some polycarb to build his and i built mine... both weigh 150g so im going to do a little trimming to bring them under weight for a safety net at the weigh in...

mine is the one with wheels

spinner

so progress has been made on the spinner for the mrs... it has a hextronic bldc with turnigy plush esc... drive is coming from 2 servo's i have hacked, and boy are they fast... fast to the point that its probably the fastest bot in the collection...

weight of electronics, a single 1.5mm piece of polycarb, a 2mm aluminium motor mount and battery is 69g giving me a decent bit of weight for the weapon and armour... weapon is probably going to be a thick hardened steel collar with 2 screws that both mount it to the outrunner, and will be the weapon teeth... but thats subject to change...

i will update pics as soon as the carbon aramid bots are complete
Last edited by Kyro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Re: Team Rocket. Updates and Reports

Post by Kyro »

so 3 bodies down... obviously needs tidying up and wheel hole/weapon holes cut. but these are the basic bodies.
still waiting for them to fully cure before i start making holes

weighed along with a chassis and an extra 280mah nano tech and come in 1g under weight so weight wont be an issue hopefully

Last edited by Kyro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 2:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

a quick update...

i was not pleased with the carbon aramid...

its just not as solid as the standard carbon fibre i find...

i dont know whether its the aramid or the change of resin (west systems was used for the carbon fibre but changed to another brand for the aramid) but either way, polycarb is my friend...

i now have 4 4wd flipper/lifters

all follow a simmilar design but 2 were built to the specs of their respective pilots...

the mrs wanted covered wheels where as my son wanted slightly exposed wheels to he could control himself if he gets stuck on his side...

my mrs (being the big kid she accuses me of being) has been enjoying the "how to train your dragon" films, so i decided to make her bot look like the main dragon in the film... Toothless... the "breed" of this dragon is called a Night Fury... so this is the name of her bot.

2 of the 4wd pushers are mine and i stuck with the names Dominus and Octane and my son has kept the name Juggernaut for his.

the servo's have been upgraded from the mg90s's in most of the bots to some metal geared 2.6kg 0.8second servo's... the speed remains about the same as what i had before but the power is far greater.

now, how do i embed pictures here to show up in my post instead of a link?
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
LimaHotel

Post by LimaHotel »

Oooh yes this is a thing I would very much like to know!
Shame about the Carbon Aramid - the forms you'd created looked really really good!
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

well i have tried using bbcode for embedding images [ img ] url [ / img ] without the spaces but all i get is a broken image like so...

the built in attachment feature does not like any pictures with modern day file sizes so i have no idea how to fix this... maybe here just dont like gyazo for image hosting
Last edited by Kyro on Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

well i have tried using bbcode for embedding images [ img ] url [ / img ] without the spaces but all i get is a broken image like so...
You have to provide a link which finishes in a image format, so for example...

Code: Select all

https://i.gyazo.com/ee0d4088a46977497db5ab5fe2a14c11.jpg
Be aware, some places don't allow hotlinking directly to images like this. With that said...

Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

well, that definitely helps.

thanks for clearing that up for me, it has been something that's been bugging me for a while...

a simple .jpg was all that was stopping me...

much appreciated

Luke
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

so today i built myself a fleaweight to make up some numbers for the little flea events at the antweight tourneys (i had to do something bot related seeing as i missed botfest)

weighs in at 73g... it has 2x 400rpm n20 motors and a slowish 1.8kg micro servo but its powerful enough to lift my heaviest ant...

it does not look pretty, but its functional and thats all that matters...

it can also be paired up with one of my antweight cluster botlets if i so choose as they all weigh less than 75g...

heres some pics of "Flea the scene"

and next to an ant

Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)