Best glue for wheely loose wheels?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

voorsk

Best glue for wheely loose wheels?

Post by voorsk »

Hi chapses!

I found out last night that Pimoroni motors have a slightly smaller diameter than my Hobbyking motors, and my Pololu wheels just fall right off of them.

I could use some Shakey wheels if needs must, but they're boring black, so I was wondering what kind of glue is best for keeping wheels attached? Will glue even be enough?

Fanx!
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
Ocracoke

Re: Best glue for wheely loose wheels?

Post by Ocracoke »

One of my Ants has its wheels glued on with a Locite Superglue which hasn't failed me yet. However, be warned, overzealous gluing (assuming it is a N20) will cause the gearbox to lock up if it gets onto the gears.
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
voorsk

Post by voorsk »

cool - i only just bought some Loctite, in case it was needed. :) i also have the option of hot glue, and Araldite, but I suspect the Araldite won't set in time.

Good point about the gearbox. There is a good chance that I'll destroy everything! :P
Team BLEEP Suspicious Houmous / Sprouting Potato / Fermented Melon / Black Carrot
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

i don't know if this will help, but i was boiling some wheels to release glued tyres and it shrunk the d hole in the centre a touch making the wheels much harder to get onto the shafts... all other aspects of the wheels seem to have stayed the same (ie no warping or deformation)

mine are pololu clones from china...

all 4 run true and straight according the the highly technical eye test... maybe try with just 1 to begin with to test it works out for your particular wheels... boiled for just under 10 mins
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)