AWS55 - 30th June 2018 - Dunchurch Village Hall

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

cmalton

Re: AWS55 - 30th June 2018 - Venue TBC

Post by cmalton »

I am currently working through a small mountain of paperwork for the venue that we've provisionally got. They aren't the fastest to reply, but it looks good as they have availability for the date I need and are willing to talk to me and weren't immediately upset when I mentioned the concept of fighting robots :)

Assuming this all goes through, the venue will be 10 minutes from the centre of Rugby by car, 25 minutes from Rugby Station by bus, and easily accessible off the M45 (Runs from the M1 to Coventry). There is ample parking, and we should have ample space for everyone (although it is likely teams will need to share tables).

I currently expect to have the space negotiated, paid for and sorted by the end of the week and I will be opening signups at some point on Sunday.
cmalton

Re: AWS55 - 30th June 2018 - Venue TBC

Post by cmalton »

We're very close to having the venue fully signed off - both myself and the hall both have a couple of bits to do, but I have spoken to the trustees of the hall today and they're being very helpful.

Barring anything unexpected happening, the venue will be:

Dunchurch Village Hall
Rugby Road
Dunchurch
Rugby, Warwickshire
CV22 6PN
cmalton

Re: AWS55 - 30th June 2018 - Dunchurch Village Hall (TBC)

Post by cmalton »

Registration for this event is now open.
Ocracoke

Post by Ocracoke »

Done and done, Ikari and Osu will be there. Might have a third entrant as well if I can get that ready in time.
Team Kaizen

AW: Amai, Ikari, Lafiel, Osu, Ramu
BW: Shu!, The Honey Badger
FW: Azriel
MW: Jibril, Kaizen
DieGracefullyRobotics

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

Booked to fly in for this. Haven't been for a while, looking forward to it.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

I have just had confirmation (finally) from Dunchurch Village Hall - and am now awaiting the final set of paperwork for the hire contract. As with last time I ran an AWS, this has been a pile of risk assessments, copious emails and phone calls to arrange a venue - one that I hope we can consider using again in 2019 given its fairly central location.

As with last time I hosted, there will be a voluntary donation system in place to help me cover my costs with a suggested donation of £5 per team.
samSpinCrazy

Re: AWS55 - 30th June 2018 - Dunchurch Village Hall

Post by samSpinCrazy »

Hello people of ant weight bot fighting I am new to this sport and would love to take part in this fight I just have a few question where do u sign up, how much does it cost per bot and how many bots can you enter(i.e 1 bot per person or is it in teams?) thx sam
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Hi Sam,

There is no requirement to pay to compete - we ask for donations to cover the cost of the venue and the associated insurance required for the event and suggest that people donate £5 per team.

To sign up, you'll need to use Antlog (http://antlog.garya.org.uk/event/10). You can enter up to 4 robots - however, we reserve the right to ask you to limit this number on the day if the number of 'bots in the competition means we're unlikely to complete all matches in time.
Last edited by cmalton on Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DieGracefullyRobotics

Post by DieGracefullyRobotics »

Sorry Chris, that's not right.

AWS rules state a maximum of 4 bots per team, and at least one of the 4 must be a clusterbot or a walker.
Dave
Die Gracefully Robotics - Barely Even a Proper Team.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Mea culpa, having failure to remember rules.... You're right Dave.