:Wanted:

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

malivoirec

Re: :Wanted:

Post by malivoirec »

Hey guys. I'm looking for a member of the forum who has access to a Vacuum former, to make and print me a mould out of Polycarbonate for a project. It's a bit silly as I work for an engineering company and the only tool they (and every manufacturing company in the area I’ve talked to) don't have under the sun is what I'm looking for. I'm happy to pay for materials/labour. PM me if you can help and thanks in advance.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Hey all, I'm looking for some strip board with 1.27mm/0.05" pitch to match that used on the Deltang rx31. My searches thus far have proved fruitless, but I wondered if anyone might have any better ideas where to look?

Thanks in advance.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

Get some regular strip board and cut the tracks in half? It's what I've always used. I think you can get some on RS, but it's not cheap.
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

RS and Farnell sell it, but as Rory says, it's not cheap. If you only have a few 0.050" pitch parts to fit you could look into adapters or just cut some 0.1" pitch board as Rory suggests.

The 0.050" pitch board is often an array of square pads rather than strips so you need to wire between pins somehow.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

Hey people.

Does anyone have any of those 6mm diameter weensy little planetary motors for sale? I would be after 4.

Output speed of 700 + rpm would be handy. Not really fussed about output shaft so long as it has one lol

Cheap and cheerful would be nice :)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

This is a bit of a long shot, but does anyone have any of the tiny Parker X-valve (pdf) solenoid valves they wouldn't mind parting with for monetary compensation? (or failing that, a supplier with a low or no minimum order...)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Sorry Joey my old xvalve is broken. It also has far too little flow for an ant. The rs valve is better.

Does anyone have 1mm grade 5 available I need 3 pieces about 1" by 5" for the aws

Thanks
TEAM GEEK!
haz

Post by haz »

is .8mm ok?
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

0.8mm should be ok. I will pm you later today.
TEAM GEEK!