Evening Event in London - any volunteers?

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Evening Event in London - any volunteers?

Post by BeligerAnt »

As a result of our stand at Brighton Mini Maker Faire, we received the following email:
Hello there!
My name is Charlotte and I work for Event Handler (www.eventhandler.co.uk), we hold events for the dev and design community of London and the UK.
My boss, Arran, met one of your team at the Mini Maker Faire and discussed an event we are holding on Nov 1st called "Geek Lates".
To sum it up, it is an evening event from 6-10pm that is like a science fair, a large hall will be surrounded by stalls from which a variety of workshops will be held simultaneously. We have short story writing, domestic science, arduino workshops, LEGO construction and more.

We were wondering if you'd be interested in having a stall to show your Ant Weight Robots? We think it'd be a really fun addition to the evening. You'd have a stall and would give talks about your robots every hour.

I have attached a sponsor pack so you can get more details about the event and see who else will be speaking and attending.

If you're interested in showcasing the robots at Geek Lates, please let me know!

I look forward to hearing from you,

Charlotte.
To save you Googling, the event is in London, near Old Street station from 6pm til 10pm on Thursday 1st November.

If by any miracle you are willing and able to run a stall and give talks, please let me know by Friday 21st September. Neither PeteC nor I can make it, so you'd probably be on your own.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
teamocean

Re: Evening Event in London - any volunteers?

Post by teamocean »

Just had a quick look at where it is and its not too difficult for me to get to so providing I can find a couple of people to help get some stuff there I may be able to. I can take an arena and my ants although a couple of drive all day bots would be helpful

Should be able to find out before the 21st.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

I am fortunate to be off that day, so I am more than willing to help with this. My arena and DAD robots are at your disposal Will :).
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

In that case I'm more than happy to do this with Dave and anyone else that wants to come along :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
haz

Post by haz »

if you want any of my robots for this, you are more than welcome to them.
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks Will and Dave, I'll copy you on an email to the organisers and let you take it from there.

Make-A-Bot is available if you want a kit of parts to demonstrate with.

Thanks again!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Got the email- thanks Gary.

If we could borrow Make-A-Bot that would be great, also if you have any of the promotional stuff that you use for events like this such as Modelworld that would be really useful.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
James

Post by James »

Hi will

Dad's said he'll send make a bot to if you pm him your address. It won't be for a few days as they're taking me down to Cardiff tommorow for uni :) he'll let you know when he's sent it. I think we've still got some business cards that we can send with make a bot and I'll e-mail you the various posters/info sheets that i've got later.
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

Thanks James, will send the pm now :)
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Psychostorm

Post by Psychostorm »

James wrote:It won't be for a few days as they're taking me down to Cardiff tommorow for uni :)
*Places hand on shoulder & hmms funeral march*