AWS 38 - Brighton 7th July

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

malivoirec

Re: AWS 38 - Brighton 7th July

Post by malivoirec »

Just signed up now knowing that all mine and my brother's ants are showing signs of life. Nice to know I'm all there after a hard day of work, spelling Jonathan's name wrong :roll: .
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

61 by my count, so a comparitivley quiet AWS this time. We would be up to our 80 target had Craig, Jarvis and Will not dropped out, and I am expecting some late entries.
josh

Post by josh »

I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one either, far too much work has got in the way. Hopefully I will get something finished for the next one.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

So here's the plan for Saturday:

We have the hall from 10:00 until 4:00, so we will need to be careful of the time.

Please turn up as soon after 10:00 as you can. We need to get things running before 11:00, so if you will be late please let us know! PM me if you need my mobile number.

Fleas will run first, while we sort out the draw for the AWS.
Sadly there will be no non-spinner competition (no time :( )
After the AWS there should be time for some fun stuff before the awards.

Parking:
There is plenty of parking at the University, but it's a bit confusing to find :(
As you drive into the Moulsecoomb campus, there is a car park on the left. As you drive into the car park there ia the Watts building in front of you. Go round the left side of the Watts building and there is a huge car park behind it.
On the map, http://www.brighton.ac.uk/maps/moulsecoomb/ the car park marked "Permit Holders Only" is the one you want.
The AWS is in the Cockcroft building, on the right as you drive in.

If you haven't signed up yet, please do so by Friday evening so we have some idea of who to wait for!

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Travelling down today guys, so I'll see you all tomorrow. Take care in getting there! :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
faceplant

Post by faceplant »

Sorry for the stupid question, but Im arriving by train. Am i right in thinking that the uni is the big building to the right of the station on google maps ? Also, I went there for part of my DT gcse years ago, and I seem to remember it had lots of entrances. If we go in the main entrance at the front, wheres the room we have? Or are you all meeting outside at 11:00.

Cant wait !! :D
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Hi.
Yes, that is the uni on Google maps, but its a big place. We're coming in on the train too, and the best way is to get a train from Brighton to Moulsecoombe station, then its literally just across the road from there.
Also, its 10, not 11. Or as close to 10 as possible.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
James

Post by James »

Dave26 wrote: ...Moulsecoombe station, then its literally just across the road from there.
Also, its 10, not 11. Or as close to 10 as possible.
Dave's right, Moulsecoombe station is marked on this map. If you are coming from Brighton you will need to go over the footbridge onto platform 1 and then exit the station down the steps. The AWS is in the cockcroft building so is just down the hill and round the corner from the station( less than 5 mins walk) :)

Go in the main entrance to the cockcroft building and there will be AWS38 signs pointing to the hall where we are :)

it's 10:00(or as near as possible) arrival, so we can check everyone in before we start the competition at about 11:00.

looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow, if anyone still hasn't signed up that's coming then please do...
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

With a few more entries it looks more like 71 Ants and 15 Fleas so still a good turnout.
Looking forward to tomorrow its nice to talk robots with people whose eyes don't glaze over after a few seconds.
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I think we can all relate with that Peter :D

See you all tomorrow! Safe travels, and good luck.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk