Antweight World Series 53 - University of Southampton

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

GeorgeR

Re: Antweight World Series 53 - University of Southampton

Post by GeorgeR »

Are there any arrangements for spectators? My brother's local and wanted to pop in and take a look.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

Spectators are welcomed, subject to us actually having venue capacity to allow them in. We would ask that spectators do not arrive before 10AM.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

One slight problem seems to be that although we have a deadline for entries as far as I know Antlog will still be allowing more entries.
Any way we are up to 69 entries so far so it looks like a good turn out.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

It's looking good - agreed Pete.

As far as I'm aware, downloading the database will lead to closure of the event. While, yes, I suspect you'd normally do that on the morning of the event, if I do so tonight at 10PM, it'll close entries.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That's OK then are you running the event using antlog or paper charts.
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

We'll be running on AntLog on the day - I've done a small extension of some of features of Antlog so it can emit a (primitive) set of now/next battle information to a separate web page.

Although there will not be venue wifi, we will make the on-the-day Antlog available to anyone using a mobile device over the internet. We're also using the extensions I've built into Antlog to display the now/next/etc information on the project plus at least 1, maybe 2 if I get time to do it, other screens across the room. I'm hoping this will help with people ensuring they're ready for their battles.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

Hi. I appear to only have two robots signed up. I meant to sign up the full four. Could the sign up be corrected or would be ok to bring the other two and sign them up on the day?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I've just noticed that the Antlog entrants page has not interpreted the entries correctly.

A small subset of robots are repeated over and over again and some are missing. For example, all of the ones we signed up are missing from the list on the entrants page. However, if you go to the main event page the robots are all there.

Is this just a bug? Also, will this affect the system on the day or is this not a problem with the downloaded database?
cmalton

Post by cmalton »

I think this is an artefact of me having downloaded the database. I'll be checking this this evening - panic not!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

*coughs from accumulation of dust on account*

I'm going to be here! :D And I've signed up, which I remembered to do, and then I got quite ill this weekend so I'll try and turn up with the amount of robots I signed up. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone though :)

Me and Tracy'll be making a weekend of it due to the distance - hopefully get a few days with Harry in Brighton afterwards for general merriment and the employment of time in a profitless and non-practical way etc.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"