AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: AWS 45 - Coventry - 1st November 2014

Post by bitternboy »

I'll sign up at the weekend when my robots are done.
Dave, I'm intrigued by the extra bot :P
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

What are we entering Nanos as? Just as an ant or flea but with (nano) after the name?
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Choose SuperAnt from the drop-down box (since there are no superants anymore) for nanoweights; I'll know what it means.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Jonathan, I have parts for a spare thing if you would like one :-)

(Rory promptly ignores Scott's comment and signs them up as fleas :-p)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

They were signed up before he replied... I've probably got another to sign up later so I'll sign them up under SuperAnts
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I shall have my team up when they are actually working well and have been re-decorated with shiny new logos (or just old ones with '2' stamped on them). Should be sometime soon - I hope. Should be a quite a few!
Remote-Controlled Dave

I just followed your lead, Rory!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

So a few people know this already, but I made quite a large error when planning this event. I realised once I'd done the poll and booked the venue that I had a short weekend break to London planned for that weekend, where I'm going to see some shows and some museums etc. Now the AWS comes first, and so I've changed my plans to fit around it, but I'm still going to need to leave as soon as is reasonably possible after the tournaments have concluded (and prizes have been awarded) in order to get down to London in time for the first show I'm going to see.

I'll have a word with the Site Services guys since they're pretty laid back, and I don't imagine there will be an issue with people staying for a bit longer after I've gone, as long as everything is properly cleared away at the end. I just wanted to let you all know so you wouldn't think it was weird that I was running away at the end.

It also means that, more than usual, I need to ensure that there are at least a couple of people who can say they are happy to stay until the end to tidy up and put everything away, because I can't guarantee that I'll be there to help. I know that's kind of lame of me, but I'm trying to make the best of my own stupid mistake. The show I'm going to see is something very important to me, and so if I missed it I'd be pretty devastated.

I hope everyone understands, and I apologise for messing up in the first place. I'm going to be spending a lot of time next week to make sure that the event runs as smoothly as possible and everyone has a good day. I wouldn't want your fun to be ruined by my mistake :).
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

Not sure how long we can stay after Scott due to trains, but if you want me to do the majority of "running" once the AWS is up and running (shouting, commentary, sorting out fight results etc) I'm happy to take charge to give you a bit more freedom. Also, I'm bringing cubes, do you need anything else?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

sorry Scott, we've got a long ride home and we're leavimg my brother by himself all day. really sorry, we would stay behind and help but it mum and dad get worried when we leave Josh by himself all day. if you need a comentator, i'm happy to do the honours on that front though. i can talk about robots 'till the cows come home! ;)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)