AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Re: AWS 39 - Coventry - November 3rd, 2012

Post by haz »

don't supose anyone has a small 2 cell lipo they could lend/rent/sell me? around 10g in weight. very cleverly broke the tabs off mine :roll:
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I did jinx myself and had a bit of a panic with the electronics in anticide but it was the battery wires that were soldered the wrong way around... I just hope everything holds together. Nom and Kwijebo are the same as the last AWS.

All done, time for some sleep - see you all tomorrow morning.
TEAM GEEK!
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Yes haz, have a 138mah, about 7g, or a 120mah, which is about the same.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

The very best of luck everyone :) I dearly wish I was there, but I'll be on the stream cheering everyone on, and sincerely hope a good time is had by all!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
haz

Post by haz »

Duff wrote:Yes haz, have a 138mah, about 7g, or a 120mah, which is about the same.
cheers man, i would offer a 12v sla but i think a 17ah hawker is a tad overkill and i ain't lugging it around :P welcome to use of my charger if you need it.
MicroGravity100

Post by MicroGravity100 »

Hi, my sat nav has gone crazy and taken us in the wrong direction, if anyone can reserve us two places in the AWS it would be much obliged as I doubt we will arrive in time to sign up. Thanks!
Team Rapture
Flow (FW)
Ricochet (FW)
RPM (BW)
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Well done Dave!
And well done to Scott - nice to be able to keep up with the event online :)
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
haz

Post by haz »

well done Dave, and very well done to Scott for a very flash and well run event.
was very fun.
Team Invade

Post by Team Invade »

Congratulations to Dave for winning the AWS with his corn snake! A well deserved victory. I must admit that having never seen them in the flesh (tape?) before I have always thought of your entries more of a bit of fun than competitive (your choice of names doesn't help that :P ), but certainly today, they did seem to be competitive entries, along with a bit of fun and an unorthodox building style as well! It was driven really well and the design seemed to work well too, and they did make the competition a bit of fun too.

Now for our entries. Getting the bad out of the way, Irruption was pretty uncontrollable and only won one fight, a rebuild for next time I think. Incursion on the other hand (and I apologise if you're all already confused :P ) won the winners bracket, and then got hit by my 'curse of second place' and lost twice in the final against Little Devil, mostly because it was too slow and couldn't keep up. I'll beat you next time Dave!

Antweight-wise, I was really happy with how I did. All three got reasonable far in the competition (all further than Will's best performance anyway which was what I wanted :wink: ). Combustion had a good run in the loser's bracket, and knocked out Void which I was quite surprised at. Implosion had a good run in the winner's bracket, until it met Anticide and Spyro (twice), which it survived an almost three minute long fight with and works perfectly, which is good news. Thanks to Dave (Weston) for letting me drive Little Devil as part of his cluster. Personally, I was quite impressed with my own driving considering I've never driven on two sticks before :)

And now for Intrusion (Gust). I honestly did not expect to do as well as I did with this in the AWS. I believe it came in the top 8? It also won the Tag Team with Jarvis, which in some ways was sweeter than winning the main competition would have been (look at my signature if you don't understand). I can assure you it will return completely unchanged for the next event!

So overall, as successful event. I won two certificates, one for the FWS and one for best newcomer, which is slightly defunct considering I was the only newcomer there :lol: Though whether people truly class me as a newcomer considering that I first started antweights eight years ago, is up to them.

Many thanks to Andy and Scott for a brilliant event. We really enjoyed ourselves and I'm sure that we'll be back at another AWS soon. The biggest thing I learnt from today was that I could fit six robots into a biscuit tin, could actually carry them and didn't need a trolley to get them in and out of the arena. I can see why people like antweights!
Website | YouTube | Photobucket | Build Diary

Featherweight UK Champion
Heavyweight Robot Wars Champion

Heavyweight Tag Team Champion
Featherweight Tag Team Champion