AWS 37- Reading- 17th March 2012

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ajw

Re: AWS 37- Reading- 17th March 2012

Post by ajw »

Thanks to everyone for making AWS37 such an enjoyable day, in particular Will for the great organisation and everyone who organised the venue & arena etc. Was nice to meet up with those that I met at Bristol last time and also the guys that couldn't make it to the last event. Spyro was much more successful than I was expecting and also Quantum seems to have improved since AWS36.

Looking forward to the next event already!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Thanks Will and team for smoothly running an enormous event!
It was nice to get to drive the robots for a change - even representing Team Girl Power :-?

Highlight must have been Ouchie beating Squiddly Diddly :)
How did Oliver win? Well, it might have been something to do with getting byes and then being drawn against Team Girl Power!

And we managed to have a frequency clash, even with only a few robots still on 40MHz :o

So what made this event so big? Was it advertised anywhere other than on RW101? Or was it the charismatic organiser that attracted so many entries? :P Or is Reading the centre of the Antweight universe, pulling entries in from everywhere?
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
olivers

Post by olivers »

The first match I lost against Shadow.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Reading does seem to be the best location for these events, shame we've slightly outgrown that venue! :)

Many thanks to Will, Kat and Co. for running the event and doing it so smoothly!

Congrats *grumbles* to Oliver for another AWS win with General Mayhem, and well done to the other award winners :).
Here's hoping the next AWS pulls in just as many entrants as this one :)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Just got back to Lancaster after entirely too many train changes - thanks very much to Dave for putting me up/putting up with me for the evening and then giving me a lift to the station :)

I had a great time and it was really good to see everyone, thanks to Will and co. for hosting it and well done to all the winners - Oliver's clearly still the one to beat after all this time XD
My driving was not up to scratch at all, I realised that the evening before the event while testing and I got outdriven with both my robots in the end, I clearly need to get to more events! Third place in the fleas and Jigsaw making the top 24 isn't too bad though :) There were some brilliant new robots from Andrew and Jim that looked awesome and performed awesomely, and it's motivated me a lot for next time...
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Deskconstructor

Post by Deskconstructor »

Thanks for such a great day. Really enjoyed it. It's been our best event to date :D
looking foward to the next one
Team DisConstructor
Team DC Antweights - Laurie Phillipson, Driver of Little Doris, THRUST, TiNY, Avenger, Avenger 2

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-DC-A ... 1703987819
http://www.youtube.com/user/LPDCmovies
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'm finally home! Reakon I'm the last one, haha.
Such a great event, and such a mammoth effort from Will to bring it all together. Everyone was fantastic, the standard of robots and drivers was exceptional, and there were some top class fights to watch! You are all such great people, it really is a pleasure spending these days with you.
Congrats to Oliver. I know I give him a hard time (and rightly so) but he's a top bloke and he did deserve the win.
Can't wait to watch it all back (and see my awful fails!). Did anyone get the tag team on video? Maybe I'll just watch that...haha.
Roll on Brighton in July and Reading again in 2013 (and the one that falls between those two, wherever it may be held).

I have one complaint though...NONE of my 4 robots' names are written correctly on that results page!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
James

Post by James »

Dave26 wrote:... Did anyone get the tag team on video? ...!
I think I got video of most if not all of the tag team, will upload it to YouTube when I get a chance, will probably be tomorrow afternoon/Tuesday sometime :)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Thanks James! Hope you got the final! :D
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dave26 wrote:I have one complaint though...NONE of my 4 robots' names are written correctly on that results page!
Ha ha, that's because Will couldn't be bothered to type them all in! :lol:
Maybe each entrant should type their own robot names into AntLog? :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt