Snibston 27th December 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

ajrobotics

Re: Snibston 27th December 2011

Post by ajrobotics »

Yep, Dave is going to sort us into teams, and the challenge will be to build a boat between us. There's a debate as to whether 50% or 100% of the team have to sink before you're eliminated.

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one. I'll bring my armbands just in case...
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Does this mean I have to start with Simon standing on my shoulders and he can only get off when the fight starts? :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Hey guys

Just had the event properly confirmed for the 27th, and, if its ok with everyone else, I'd like to make this the Antweight Team Championships event (I say 'if its ok with everyone', because its RL putting it on, Didn't know if anyone wanted to do just a combat event or someone else wanted to organise something)

I'll post rules and such for the event (providing people want it to be the ATC).

If you can attend, please post here, I'll sort out an event sign-up ASAP.

Team Captians that posted on the previous thread that can attend, please let me know if you can captian for this date :P
haz

Post by haz »

i'll be a team captin if you need another dave, if not no worries.
looks like i can come to this :)
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

We can come, as long as I can stand on Joey, I don't understand the format, but I'm sure someone will explain it on the day...
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Ok, for those not in the know, heres the ceneral jist of what I had planned:

4 Teams of 6 robots/6 roboteers (depending on how many I can get to attend) will compete in a variety of events much like the Robots Live team championship.

There will be 5 events:
Tag Team
Gauntlet
Pinball
Raceway
Final Melee

If the scores are tied by the end of the 5, the winner will be who won the final melee.

Tag Team:
2 robots from each team in a FULL COMBAT tag match, proper tag team rules, anyone breeching them will be deducted points should they win. If you're down to 1 robot by the end you automatically lose.

Gauntlet:
Pick 3 robots from your team. You've got 1 minute (possibly 1:30) to get from one end of the course to the other, navigating various obstacles, and your opponents 3 robots guarding the other end. The collective Time (or distance, if no-one finishes) for your 3 robots will determin the winner. Pinning is limited to 10 seconds for fairness sake.

Pinball:
Much like the series 3 and 4 pinball, amass the most amount of points and you win. It will be the collective score of 3 robots from your team. There will be 3 opponent robots guarding the 2 x 50pts and 1 x 75Pts targets.

Raceway:
3 robots from each team will run a figure 8 course, best collective time to do 3 laps will win. You will be running against your opponent going the other way. Weapons are permitted. If you get flipped out, you get an automatic 5 minute lap time (anyone doing 3 laps in 5 mins deserves to lose :P)

Final Melee:
All the teams robots (assuming 6 per team) will compete in a FULL COMBAT melee, most robots left active at the end win, failing you ripping each other apart :P
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

i hope il be sable to make it :)
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

I'm going to be in sunnier climates, sorry I wont be there
Scooperman

Post by Scooperman »

Hope to be there with our new Flippertron, just need to check dates.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »