Snibston 27th December 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Snibston 27th December 2011

Post by Simon Windisch »

Dave Weston has arranged for an antweight competition to take place at Snibston after Christmas for the third year.

Details of the location are at the link above, Last year we also got free entry to the museum and there's a nice cafe there as well.

FRA forum topic at http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/forum/v ... 55#p124455
blazerbotics wrote: Times: The museum is open 10am until 5pm, so we ask roboteers to be there before 10am

Venue: Snibston Discovery Park, Ashby Road, Coalville, Leicestershire, LE67 3LN

We are mainly looking for robots for static display and any other robot related stuff you might have for show. Interactive robots (mechanoids, daleks ect can drive around the museum). We should be able to get you free access into the museum as well. Antweights will be fighting, I understand they are running a Team Championships, so best check out the Antweight forum for more info on that.
Competitor sign up is at:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/antweightw ... php?id=211
A list of those who have signed up is at:
http://robotwars101.org/ants/antweightw ... php?id=211
razerdave wrote:I thought I'd best let people know the full rule set for the competition.

Teams:
Due to the funny numbers, every roboteer with more than 2 robots is limited to 2 robots. If you have only 1, you enter just that 1.
Each team is allowed 1 substitute should one member of the team be mortally wounded. If its someone with only one robot, the substitute must be driven by that roboteer (IE: Ceri gets Napalm Death wrecked, he gets given, say, Baby Hell as the teams sub).
The teams may well be limited to 7 robots, depends on final entry list.

Events:
Raceway: you will incur time peanalties (20 seconds) for getting thrown out of the course. You will get put back at the start when you do get thrown out. You'll have to start that lap again. Its the combination of the 3 runners times to complete 3 laps, after the 3rd lap the winner will be removed to allow the opponent to carry on.

Pinball: 1 minute for each run. It will be the combination of 3 runs by your team. There will be 3 house robots from the other team, same 3 will be doing the run for their team so choose wisely. You can only pin your oppoent down for 10 seconds, and the house robots are limited to their targets until 2 of them are hit. Only 1 HR has the freedom of the arena.

Assault course: You've got a minute to get to the other end, pinning for 10 seconds only by the HR, and the same 3 robots that will run the course will be HR's.

Football: 3 minute halves (so its not over too quick), swap sides at half time. And try and actually score, don't just assault the other team, you are not Hollands last world cup team ;)

Tag Team: Proper rules, only 1 out at a time and you must go back to your side to tag. I want both robots to be involved, so If one robot is eliminated then the remaining robot will come out to fight, and the team with 2 robots MUST switch. They can switch back at any time. If the fight ends with1 robot against 2, the winner will always be the team with more robots. Goes to judges otherwise.

Final Melee: Due to numbers, it will be a 3-on-3 melee. You can have 2 robots from any roboteer in your team if you so wish (Like pete could want Variant and Defiant and Stewie as well), but the driver must be someone on your team (kinda obvious, but still). If the scores of the whole event are tied after this final melee, the winner of the melee wins the heat/finals.

You can use 2 robots from the same roboteer for any of the events, but do remember its a team event, everyone must be included at some point.
haz

Re: Snibston 27th December 2011

Post by haz »

would really like to come to this, hopefully i can come :)
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

is this atc
haz

Post by haz »

yes i think so
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

ATC?
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

antweight team champion ships
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I hope to be coming just need to finalise the Christmas arrangements before I know if I am free.
MicroGravity100

Post by MicroGravity100 »

Sounds like fun, hope I can be there.
Team Rapture
Flow (FW)
Ricochet (FW)
RPM (BW)
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'd like to be there too, will have to see what the weather does with regards to transportation though...hopefully Jigsaw will be in a somewhat more working condition :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

antweight team champion ships?