AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Re: AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Post by bitternboy »

What can I say that hasn't been said already? :D
Thankyou to everyone who organised the event, congratulations to Andy, Will, Dan etc. and I hope the follow up AWS would do well to be half as spectacular :)
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

Scrap Mamba was an outright success ... no wait the other one......

I loved it so much I've ordered the parts for a new Scrap Mamba

I really enjoyed the event and can't wait to host my 5th AWS this time in Bristol, so proud that Anto won something, with Jonny driving, few improvements to make on Anto regarding its tail, was glad to see no one got under it as well.

speak to you soon

Anto 3, Robot Roulette champion
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I would just like to add my thanks to Joey, Dave an co. for a great event- well worth the many hours spent on trains and waiting at stations to get there.

Well done to Andy for winning yet another AWS and to all the newcomers who did very well this time.

I had mixed luck with mine- Tempest got pretty well smashed by Complexity and I ran out of time and patience to fix it- Inertia had a couple of issues but I managed to fix them but it lost to two very good machines.

Quake and Tesla however did far better than I expected- making both finals and even winning the fleas which was very unexpected!

Thanks again for a great event and see you all in Bristol for AWS 36 and in Reading for AWS37 when I will be hosting
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

thanks everyone for a great evnt lol bullseye survived 3 mins with kwijibo or how u spell it :) great fights guys hope i can come to bristol (and bullseyes scoop not lower then the robot :D)
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Craig_Anto3 wrote:Scrap Mamba was an outright success ... no wait the other one......

was glad to see no one got under it as well.
first statement i agree with

second one though
http://youtu.be/C8u_9Jyh_b0
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I'm going to start typing out the results into an Excel file in a minute. When its done, whats the best way to upload them to here? Simple copy and paste? Upload a picture of the file? Or is there some other way of uploading an Excel file to the net?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

wht=at a great event! :D thanks to everyone who helped organise and run the event and congratulations who all that won something :)
haz

Post by haz »

here is my video for anyone who is interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Whi3JptTF3A
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Dave26 wrote:I'm going to start typing out the results into an Excel file in a minute. When its done, whats the best way to upload them to here? Simple copy and paste? Upload a picture of the file? Or is there some other way of uploading an Excel file to the net?
Dave, best way is to print the file to PDF. There are various free PDF packages which install as a printer.
Alternatively Excel may be able to export as HTML, but knowing MS the file will be massively bloated.
If you can't/don't want to do the PDF thing, you can email me the Excel file and I can PDF it for you.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt