AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

terminaldamage

Re: AWS 35 - Pontefract - 17th July 2011

Post by terminaldamage »

teamocean wrote:Nearly time for us to leave- so those of you who are going to the restaurant tonight see you there and everyone else see you at the event tomorrow.
Likewise. EricA is in bits, so even though I had planned to make it a precision-engineered ant, it's now going to be a complete hot glue job in the Travelodge. Can't beat it :lol:

See you there 8)
Jamie McHarg
RogueTwo Robots
www.rogue-two-robots.vze.com

With great power, comes great reliability.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Hi Joey,

Sorry for the late notice, but I may not make it with the full amount of ants I entered. The Shapeways order that I was promised would be here 2 weeks ago still hasn't showed up! Now I have to make them by hand. I will definitely have two, and hopefully should manage to stick four together. But just to let you know I may be turning up a bit light tomorrow. I should be able to let you know by tonight at the latest.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I got the messages Rhys, thanks, hope to see you tomorrow ^^

I've had a very nice meal this evening with Jamie, Tony, Paul, Alex, Will and Simon and co., and I'll be getting an early night so anybody who wants me on the day please ring me as I won't be checking the forums until late afternoon at least. The very best of luck to all of you, and have a safe journey and a good time and I hope to see you all tomorrow! :)

and P.S. a happy early birthday to Jordan!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

Good luck everybody.
Hope everyone has a great day.
MIniNoia FTW. :)
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

OK. Come on now.
You guys must have finished by now.
Well... who won then???????
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Warm up: Cosmos (Rhys Williams) won (I'm a bit tired and can't recall the other placings, sorry >_<)

FWS: 1st Tesla 2 (Will Thomas)
2nd Little Devil (Dave Weston)
3rd Deflea (Peter Waller)

AWS: 1st A Little Bit Of Fail (Andrew Hibberd)
2nd Quake (Will Thomas)
3rd Antidisestablishmentarianism (Danny Sharples - first event too!)

Thanks so much to everyone who came, especially Dave Lawrie, Andy Smelczerczyk, Will Thomas, and Andy Jackson for helping with the running of the event (along with all others whom I've forgotten - you know who you are!) and Peter for bringing his arenas and soldering Jigsaw back together, and Jamie and Tony for giving me a lift back home on Saturday night. It was a fantastic experience and one I'm still on a high from, despite my robots getting smashed to various degrees - Jigsaw shall most definitely rise again though, I can't bear to leave it broken and it'll be redone for Richmond or Kidderminster.

Thanks to all of you once again ^___^
Joey

P.S.: Craig, I've got your Li-Ion charger adaptor
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
MicroGravity100

Post by MicroGravity100 »

OK, congratulations to Danny & Antidisestablishmentarianism, Will & Quake, & Andy & A Little Bit Of Fail for winning the AWS, & FrANTic for winning the Annihilator. And of course to Will again with Tesla 2 for the FWS.
Anoptimistprime

Post by Anoptimistprime »

Thanks
It was really enjoyable today really glad I went
I was shocked that anti.....m did so well
I nearly didn't put it in as I didn't want to wreck it but as it turns out well worth while
I'm an optimist prime
Not a negatron
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Great event, thanks everyone. Particularly enjoyed meeting the new guys, who were all brilliant, but kudos HAS to go to Danny for coming third! Some amazing driving skills.

I have brought home all the results with me. I'll type them up (probably tomorrow) and get them online ASAP.

Congrats to Andy Hibbard for winning and doing so well in general. I know I picked on him a bit but its only cos I'm so impressed. He's pretty unstoppable.

See you all in Bristol :-)
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I know you love me really Dave :D

Thanks to Joey, Simon, Pete, Dave and Craig for a great event. The few days I got to prepair for the event really helped. Not building robots on the day makes it a more enjoyable day.

Complexity was a wonder to behold, we need more spinners( and walkers ):D
TEAM GEEK!