AWS34 Reading March 12th 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

I too will be there, with a perfectly working reliable *knocks wood* robot for a change :P looking forward to it already as its the first one for a while that i have a decent entry :wink:
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
teamocean

Post by teamocean »

I was speaking to a few of the people that run the TV station here at the University and they are interested in coming along to the AWS to film a feature on it for their news programme- would this be ok??

All they want to do is a couple of interviews with anyone thats interested as well as filming a few fights.

If nobody has any objections then I'll get in touch with them and try and sort something out.
Will Thomas
Team Shock
www.shockbots.co.uk
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Id be up for it XD
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Sounds great. :)
Last edited by bitternboy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

No problems with that, nope :) (although good luck getting me to appear on camera!)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I suppose it is really up to the organisers but it is hard enough getting the official camera and the roboteers around the arena if it is more than just a single camera it could be getting a bit crowded.
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

Could we get a feed from one or the other of the cameras on a screen? That might reduce roboteer congestion around the arena.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Simon may be some help with that, he has a projecter for Snibston, just hope we have a wall we can project it onto.
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

In theory Will, I have absolutely no objections, anything like that is always a boost for the sport. The only limitations I can see are space. It depends how many people are turning up.
Although I'm sure we could accomodate them somehow. If they want to do some interviews at the back of the room with people who aren't currently fighting, that would be good. And I'm sure they could get footage of a few fights somehow, even if they have to take it from the footage we film ourselves after the event.
Can you get them to tell us how big their camera/equipment is? I know some of these uni teams have massive cameras.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

That projector belonged to Snibston, unfortunately.