AWS34 Reading March 12th 2011

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

gonna really try to get a heavyweight going for guildford
We're going to try and bring the new heavy to the AWS, just for show. I doubt it'll be fully ready by then, but it should be in a fit enough state for you all to have a look at, if I get the time to work on it a bit more.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

signed up :lol: :wink: :wink:
haz

Post by haz »

i will probably be there, im just waiting for a speed controler
Remote-Controlled Dave

Hi all.

Starting to work on tech check sheets etc. for the event.

Just a note to say that OFFICIAL sign up for this event will close on Thursday March 10th at midnight (as I am travelling down on the Friday). That isn't to say you can't sign up after this time, or on the actual day, but if you do, you'll be considered an official pain in the ... :lol:

I know there are a lot of fleaweights in attendance and that some of them may be teaming up to form clusterbots for the AWS. Any clusterbot teams must be signed up as an antweight SEPERATE from the two fleaweight entries (eg. If you look at Peter Waller's entry on the sign up sheet, he has signed up Deflea and Fleabyte as fleaweights, then "Deflea & Fleabyte" as an antweight clusterbot seperately). You are welcome to name the clusterbots something a bit more imaginitive than just so-and-so & so-and-so if you so wish. :lol:

Remember, a clusterbot counts in the "walker" slot on a team. If you are teaming up with someone, also remember that the clusterbot will only count as an entry for ONE of your teams. This means, if you somehow win the AWS with your clusterbot, the trophy will go to the one person who's team it was part of. So you'll have to argue amongst yourselves who to sign it up with.

Hope that all makes sense. Thanks. Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
malivoirec

Post by malivoirec »

Just signed up.
Fortune cookie says: Pain is meerly a feeling;
unless its PERMANANT FOREVER.

Fortune cookie no.2 says: Take heed of
Last cookie
Remote-Controlled Dave

I've just been reminded of another aspect of clusterbot collaborations I should mention.

Remember, as a clusterbot only counts for one teams entry of the two teams involved, there is a possibility that the second team involved will be drawn up against the clusterbot with one of their own ants in the early stages. Therefore, whoever is in the secondry team in a clusterbot has to be willing to hand over the controls to someone else if they have to fight it.
If you aren't willing to do this, then you shouldn't enter into a clusterbot team.
They also need to have the ability to fight their own fleaweight with one of their ants, IE, have a seperate transmitter etc available. This doesn't necessarily mean you need to have 2 transmitters, just that you need to have an arrangement where you can borrow someone else's if this situation arises, and be able to have either your flea or your ants rebind to a different transmitter without hassle.
Again, if you can't really do this, then you shouldn't enter into a clusterbot team.

Thanks. Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

im hoping to buy that RW101 kit but need a ?100 :S tricky
James

Post by James »

Just signed up me and my dad :)
the16henry16

Post by the16henry16 »

is there like a award ceramoney at the end of it
Remote-Controlled Dave

is there like a award ceramoney at the end of it
Me and Dave will be presenting awards, yes.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39