AWS 33 - Brighton 30 October 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

D0ntstare

Post by D0ntstare »

I think that damage was worth it for a one off as it was a spectacular show... I think you may well agree with me, but then again that should only be a one off only for the people of RFRC 3 to have seen :P

A little off topic but I was wandering how your spinners are mounted? does the whole motor body spin? and how do you attach a spinner to it? I was thinking of making a spinner over time as I mentioned when I first came to these forums, I have a design worked out but the Brushless motorcasing confuses me.
'Everyone is brave behind a castle wall'

http://web.me.com/d0ntstare/Team_Stare/
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes the type of motors I use are called outrunners which means the outer case including the magnets rotate. To fix the spinner I make the blade mount a reasonable fit onto the outer of the motor and fit either two or four grub screws to hold it on.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

peterwaller wrote: I thought the pictures might cheer up Alasdair
:P

Thanks pete. Although he got compltely wrecked, it was worth it for the giant display of carnage! He needed a re-design anyway- I am making a HDPE shell for the gubbins and move one spinner down and on up, so i am better against low pushers and wedges. :D
Panzerbot

Post by Panzerbot »

Hey Guy
Sry but I wouldn?t come to the AWS :(
My ant ist to damage for the AWS(Receiver and Gearmotor) and in the moment I haven?t the money to repair it.
Im very sad :(
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

There's a lot of people saying they're planning to come to this event but still not many people have officially signed up.
I know the tradition is to wait til about 2 weeks before to get enteries in, but I just thought I'd remind anyone planning to come that they do need to sign up, so Gary can plan for attendance numbers etc
The first post on this topic has a link to the sign up page on it, and a link to the robots who have signed up so far. I'm hoping that's going to be a pretty big list in 4 weeks time and will be great coming back to the sport and meeting all the new guys.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

I'll sign up tomorrow...
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I will be signning up after school.

I think FrANTic is well on his way to competing, and truant is gonna be good as well. His rx was smashed, and one motor sized up (a brushless). We are getting all new bits, and then losing weight through stuff which i have forgotton. I am then going to heat bend a little HDPE box around the gubbins, so they do not get mashed again!
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'm signing up when I've got a good name for the new Data Fields :P and a good idea if it's built or not.

I've had a bit going on in my life in the last few days, sorry for the delay.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
D0ntstare

Post by D0ntstare »

How exciting I cant wait to see the new TDF, How about TNDF (The New Data Fields) :D

Who is Frantic I can't seem to remember him being at RFRC? or is he a new robot to take on :D
'Everyone is brave behind a castle wall'

http://web.me.com/d0ntstare/Team_Stare/
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Who is Frantic I can't seem to remember him being at RFRC? or is he a new robot to take on
There's a video on the New Robots section of Frantic. The 4WD one.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39