Robots Live! - Snibston Discovery Park - 28th December 2010

Place discussions about upcoming events here in this thread.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Jonny

Post by Jonny »

fingers crossed i'll be able to come now, harry might be going and he said i could get a lift with him :D
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Hi Guys, not sure where the world championship bit comes from on their website! Can you give us an idea of numbers, just so we have some idea how many to expect? You will be in the same room as last year, we'll be running pretty much the same as then. Radio Leicester have been pushing it alot so hopefully we'll get a good turnout. Great chance to get people into it and let the public come and ask questions. We need these sorts of event to help promote the sport and keep people interested in coming to the big shows, we're running this event free of charge and therefore are making a loss on it, but we do it in the hope that it will help sell a few tickets for the whitwick show.

Cheers

Alan

p.s. signups are available for our shows next year http://www.robotslive.co.uk/signup2010.htm
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I'm 50/50 about attending at the moment...the problem is travel, the only way I can get down (unless by some miracle I can get a lift from Pontefract) is by train, and so it very much depends how well the railways are working on the day.

Hopefully it'll work out though :)
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Alan,

Do you want us to sign up for Snibston 2010 on that form?

Simon
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

afraid i can't come to this one :( harry just messaged me saying he can't go.
i'll be able to go to 90% of events in the future once i've got my heavyweight done. at the moment frantically selling stuff on ebay to afford a speed controller.
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

I dont mind Simon, if you know whos coming then it doesn't matter.
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

It's all here Alan. So, from reading down this post we have:
Dave
Me
Joey (possibly)
Alasdair
Peter Waller
Andrew (possibly)
robotslive

Post by robotslive »

Hi Guys,

The doors open at 10am so if you can arrive any time before then. The museum offically closes at 5pm, but its normally dead by about 4pm. We've got a small trophy for the antweights, which your welcome to do whatever you want with. We have arranged free access to the museum for all attending as well. There is a cafe onsite as well, abit on the expensive side, like most of these places, you can probably bring your own food if you keep it on the sly.

Cheers

Alan
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

I won't be able to make it I'm afraid, sorry :(

Hope everyone else has a good time though.
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"