Re: team hectic fleaweight build diary.

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Dan's a good enough driver to beat you without one Rory :P
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I'm well aware of that :P Still, would be cool to see you come up with some more new designs :L
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

I love nice sturdy looking boxes. They're awesome! Coupled with good driving, it'll be fine.

And also, those servos are fantastic. I've found them to be a lot better than a Park HPX F which I used in Hoondal (does anyone remember Hoondal at AWS45? No? There's a reason for that!). They are very small, strong and inexpensive when compared to other metal geared servos. I use one in the latest AntWithTopHat because the SG92R I had in there appeared to be very slow for some reason. I also think Yoink uses one as well so I would definitely recommend bolting one to the top of any boxy looking robot to give it some sort of weapon if you really want to (I see no reason to really but then again, I can't drive and control a weapon properly at the same time :-) ).
Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I remember Hoondal. I nearly lost to it. Lol
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

thanks guys! :) i have been doing some driving practise with it ( it's not particularly easy to drive ) i might bind it to my orange so that i can adjust the travel a bit. now that i've left school and finished my summer temporary job, i'll have plenty of time to do practise driving sessions so hopefully i'll be able to put on at least a reasonably alright driving performance this time. :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Remote-Controlled Dave wrote:I remember Hoondal. I nearly lost to it. Lol
...and then completely destroyed it! :-) I never really had any chance at all with that one.
Hogi wrote: now that i've left school and finished my summer temporary job, i'll have plenty of time to do practise driving sessions so hopefully i'll be able to put on at least a reasonably alright driving performance this time. :)
Yes, it is nice to have left school! I've just had my first week off and I too have been looking over my robots, deciding what to do with them. The overall verdict is: everything needs to be rebuilt. I guess it's a good thing I can't make it to AWS 47 then... :-(
Rapidrory

Post by Rapidrory »

I'm hoping to squeeze in some driving practice, but more expecting to just pull the old 'EOs never do well at their own events' card and just settle for breaking as much as possible in 6 spinner matches I'll have :L
Going slightly back to the topic, I'm hoping to also get a fleaweight spinner going out of the remains of the original Why Wait (was only 100g or so originally), so if I get time then that could be fun :)
Rory Mangles - Team Nuts

Robots: Nuts 2 and many more...

NanoTwo Motor Controllers: https://nutsandbots.co.uk/product/nanotwodualesc
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i was originally going to build a fleaweight spinner for the last entry of my fleaweight team but i never bothered as i thought it'd be too much of a challenge considering it takes all my intelligence and will power just to squeeze a basic box wedge pusher into the three inch cube. one thing i have noted is that my fleaweights usually end up being very underweight. fleadom fighter has recently had it's side armour bulked up to 3mm and a new front mounted stanley knife blade added, 360 no scope now has 5mm side armour and the new one has 3mm front and side armour, 2mm rear armour and a 2mm lid pannel.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i made a start on my summer robot project today. i decided to not bother with U.N.I.T cluster any more as i need the botlets in tact for the main AWS and they're not competitive or interesting anyway. instead i'm going to build a fleaweight walker grabber with expanding acetate. here's the designs and a picture of how far i've got with it.
Attachments
HNI_0095_MPO.JPG
HNI_0095_MPO.JPG (81.15 KiB) Viewed 30474 times
HNI_0094_MPO.JPG
HNI_0094_MPO.JPG (99.13 KiB) Viewed 30474 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Now that looks impressive! Good luck with that one; can't wait to see it when it's finished. :-)