AntWeight Parts Online & Offline

Places to spend cash or learn things!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

haz

Re: AntWeight Parts Online & Offline

Post by haz »

Some interesting things there! Cheers :) . Their 3mm timing belts are such a rip off though. Just had a check through their sizes and it was about 6 pound for a belt I can get for £1.55 elsewhere :o
haz

Post by haz »

http://www.giantshark.co.uk/product/172 ... -receiver-

Interesting looking RX, I'll buy one soon and see how it is.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Just had a look at it and it is slightly worrying that it is not compatible with the DX5 which is DSM2 compatible.
Just checked one of the Lemon receivers and it seems to work ok with my DX5e and they come out at about half the price.
haz

Post by haz »

Yeah that is a bit odd.
I probably best get myself a lemon at some point.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

I wonder if that's a typo on the website, meant to say DX6, because we all know that's old DSM1 tech. May be worth an e-mail.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Thats a good point David you are probably right but they are still a lot dearer.
Just got 10 lemon ones this morning which I only ordered 6 days ago and they came to £35.85 including P&P.
The ones I get have no connector so I can fit them to my controllers but they cost the same amount just £3.59 each.
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Looking for a supply of good grip material for wheels, does anyone know of a lint/print roller supplier or something better? Something about 2mm thick would be perfect.

Thanks.
TEAM GEEK!
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

I don't like posting things like this, but I thought it was something I should make you aware of.

I strongly recommend never shopping at www.modellbauuk.com. I placed an order with them last year, and when it had not arrived after 2 weeks, I sent them 2 e-mails and left a phone message asking to be contacted, which they never did. Another 2 weeks later, I finally received a message saying that the order had just shipped, and I received it the next day, however the order was incomplete (I'd ordered a fill valve & chuck, and the chuck was missing). I e-mailed them again and was told that they'd ship out the chuck, but I never received it.

Throughout all my dealings with them they were quite unprofessional; not rude, just not acting in the way I'd expect them to act. This combined with the complete lack of a response to my earlier attempts at communication, and the fact my order was never fully completed, means I would advise staying away from them.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If like me you have had trouble getting two standard gearmotors end to end in a flea you might be interested in these.
They range from 2600 rpm to 34 rpm and I have just ordered some 260rpm ones to try and will let you know how I get on.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161253681104? ... 1423.l2649
They don't quote the weight but judging by the extra metalwork they will be slightly heavier than the standard ones.
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

ooh, nice one Peter. Just ordered 3 of the 433rpm ones. :wink: