Heavyweight for sale

All things HEAV-VY!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Heavyweight for sale

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Just putting the feelers out on this one for now.

Due to me planning on moving to Northern Ireland in just over a year, it is becoming even more impractical for me to keep up with my heavyweights. I am planning on keeping one, but I don't really have room for the other, so if anyone is seriously interested in it, I am happy to offer it up for sale. It is the one Craig was selling before, but has since had batteries upgraded and fitted and speed controllers installed. I can throw in a spektrum reciever too, so it's pretty much ready to roll. It still needs the wiring doing, along with basics like a removable link and a power light. It will also need a seperate reciever battery and switch. Apart from that, it's good to go.
I bought the basics from Craig for £400, and have spent about £100 upgrading since then. Am really looking to get most of my original £400 back, though am open to any realistic offers for it.

Notes: it does NOT come with a transmitter or internal failsafes (though if you are running it on Spektrum, this is taken care of). It also doesn't come with battery charging equipment, so you would need your own.

If anyone is interested or wants more information, you can PM me on here or reply to this thread. Though please take note I will not sell to anyone I don't think is experienced enough to run and maintain a heavyweight successfully. They are hard work and dangerous, and I will not be able to help out with it once it has been sold.

Thanks, Dave.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Re: Heavyweight for sale

Post by haz »

just when i finish a heavy...doh :roll:
Remote-Controlled Dave

I did think of you Haz, lol.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
haz

Post by haz »

pfft, you should have known i would take it into my head to build a large pengin themed robot instead, its the only logical thing to do :lol:
Remote-Controlled Dave

That it is, dude. That it is.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Got some details? Type of motors, controllers, batteries etc? What's it made of? Any pics? Count me as a definite maybe! :)
Remote-Controlled Dave

Hi Rhys.
The motors are 2 1HP 24v motors on a 7:1 gear ratio. Thw batteries are 2 12v Lead Acid cells, same type as I've used in my other 2 heavies. They can easily do a day long event on a full charge. Can throw in a spare one too. It's a steel frame with steel, polycarb and HDPE armour. Wedge shaped. The front is hinged and ready to have a linear actuator or pneumatic system fitted if you wanted to go that way. The controllers are 4QDs. It is 80cm x 70cm x 45cm.
If you PM me your address I can email you a ton of pics tomorrow once I'm home from work and get chance to take a few. Or, if you have Craig on Facebook, in his folder Team Danby, there's a few pics on there of the frame being built and how it looks now in black.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Nice one Dave, just pm'd you my email.
haz

Post by haz »

can i see the ton of pics just because i like looking at things :P