team hectic nanoweight build.

If Fleaweights are just too big...

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

Re: team hectic nanoweight build.

Post by Hogi »

so if i made a lead with a jst on one end and a servo connectoor cut down to two pins on would that work? i could solder a servo plug to the battery for the plug to plug into?

something like this with a servo plug soldered to the battery.
Attachments
HNI_0053_MPO.JPG
HNI_0053_MPO.JPG (118.6 KiB) Viewed 51583 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

This should explain better. So the servo plug (female) goes on the battery. The header pins which act as the male end of the servo plug are on a JST. All you need to do to charge is plug the middle lead (which is kind of an adapter I guess) to your standard ant charging cable.

You could of course attach header pins straight to some plugs to go in the charger but I found this was easier and I didn't have any spare charge leads to sacrifice :P
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

we have a charger with a servo plugin port on the end of it. would it be alright to just solder a servo plug onto the battery and then plug it into the charger? the charger has autodetect and can charge anything from 1 volt to 12 volts. the battery is the one in Rory's link and the servo plug is just a standard three pin one. if this would work, which wire from the servo plug would go into which end of the battery or would they all go into the same end? thanks.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

so here it is. covered in penguin tape for extra protection and ready to go. it doesn't have awefully good run time but will easily see out a five minute session. speed is not it's strong point either but it does run inverted and it should at least have enough power to wedge itself in underneath an ant so that TA can come in for a big push. will be fun to drive at least.
Attachments
HNI_0059_MPO.JPG
HNI_0059_MPO.JPG (101.67 KiB) Viewed 51507 times
AntRoboteer

Post by AntRoboteer »

Looks fantastic!
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

i have now started building a nanoweight grabber robot. i've built the body and cut the grabber blade, now i just need to wait for the money to buy the electronics. here it is so far, name will be either naughty penguin or thunder spark.
Attachments
nano grabber project image 1: chasis and blade.
nano grabber project image 1: chasis and blade.
HNI_0061_MPO.JPG (73.36 KiB) Viewed 47982 times
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Hogi

Post by Hogi »

next nanoweight build will begin on sunday. I've pre ordered a nanoweight kit from Rory. the body for this one will probably use less 1mm HDPE and more milk bottle grade HDPE. I think i'm going to make it basicly a smaller version of new Hogi. watch this space :)
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Remote-Controlled Dave

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

Nanogi
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

that'll be the name of one of my nanos at some point. I changed my mind on this one though. instead of a propper nano, I am going to make a purpose built 50 gram botlet for my clusterbot. that'll mean i'll have a completely purpose built clusterbot. the 50 gram part will be called naughty penguin, it will enter the antweight competition as " we should've bought more penguins" and the fleaweight tournament with this too shall fail ( my first nano ) as something else. it has two mm HDPE armour, it's about 2.75 inches long and 2.5 inches wide currently. it will run on a one cell lipo and for drive it will have nanoweight sized gear motors. the front is actually 3mm thick with a 1mm ramp that touches the floor allowing it to get under opponents. i've pre ordered the parts but they probably wont arrive for a while yet. hopefully it'll be a bit more of a competitive cluster botlet than my nano and theres talk of banning nanos in clusterbots anyway so this is probably a good move.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights