Hellbound Mouse

Discussions around autonomous, semi-automatic and intelligent robots and systems.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

alasdair

Hellbound Mouse

Post by alasdair »

I have just finished my first micromouse!
It was at a club at school, and i did it in a pair (except my 'partner only turned up one week out of ten...)

He is called hellbound. his info is up on my robots section on team payback robotics .com.

My teacher (a micromouse veteran) thinks that it will be the lightest mouse EVER. It varies from the school design as i filed down some wood and put a carbon fibre base instead of plywood. Also, the current lap time record for our mini school track is 8.68 secs, and in a test run we got 8.46!
When it is under test conditions, we will hopefully be able to have the fastes and lightest micromouse ever in the history of john hampden micromouse club! :D

I will have some pics and a video up sooooooon. :-?

Watch this space!
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

You can view pics and a video of the mouse on my website.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Just to say that i haave just WON the school micromouse comp!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

He was the fastest by 3 seconds!!

i will take that rubbish vid off my site and put on a one of it actually doing a maze. :D
Team Terror

Post by Team Terror »

Well done mate :D
Jack Evans
Captain
Team Terror
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Well done Alasdair that is quite an achievment.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

Thanks guys! :D

There is now a video of him doing a mazea couple of times in the gallery section of my site.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

My design teacher says that he knows you peter.
He says that that he knows a person who's surname is waller and who does antweights and robot sumo. He asked if i knew you, so i said yes.
His name is Mr Grabowski, do you know him?
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

Yes I know him from the micromouse events in Birmingham in fact he won the non contact wall follower class when mine failed to get round one corner in the finals.
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

:D

Not to sound snooty, but at the minute, john hampden is the champion school in wall follower, F1, and line follower in the school competition 8)
alasdair

Post by alasdair »

I have just arrived back from the micrmouse competition, and hellbound did not do well. the feeleres kept getting jammed on the corners. I am going to re-build him, exactly the same, but with LED's and Photodiode sensors, so he is a non contact wall follower.