battle ants

Like antweights...only bigger!! (Unfortunately dead now...)

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hogi

battle ants

Post by Hogi »

my battle ant territorial is currently out of action by two of my cousins have recently got some. to be honest I can't see much point in repairing it as I have a proper AWS qualifying ant and another currently under construction, are there ever going to be any super antweight events at AWS 41?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

Super antweights: territorial.

Fleaweights: fleadom fighter, gaztons.

Featherweights: hectic (under construction)
joey_picus

Re: battle ants

Post by joey_picus »

The chances are slim to none, to be completely honest, sorry - there just isn't a need for a super antweight class at the moment, it would just be filled with walkers people had put wheels on most likely. In the case of the RR Battle Antz, those in my experience tend to not put up too much of a fight against 100g lighter antweights!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

It seems a little pointless having super ants at an AWS when the class is all but dead. As far as I'm aware there isn't a single active super antweight. If there's a weight class between ants and feathers worth pursuing, its beetleweights.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

I have to agree SuperAnts are dead. They started to appear back in the days when small light weight parts where not available but now they are and the trend is more to the smaller class of Fleas than back to the Supers. Add that to the fact we are struggling to get all the existing class fights in at an AWS I don't see there is any hope of the Supers coming back.
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

what are the construction rules for beetleweight robots and is there ever an event for them? is an RR battle rat a bettleweight?
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

Beetleweight rules are the same rules as featherweights. Their weight limit is 1.365kg (3lbs). The battle rats fit into the featherweight class, however, the European guys do a weight class called Raptorweights, which are 6kg and their motor size and power are limited. The battle rats fit those rules too (battle rats are about 4kg).
Hogi

Post by Hogi »

I think I might just stick to building robots for the antweight world series and maybe soon a robot for the fleaweight world series. I don't have the funds or the know how to build a beetle or feather.
Daniel Jackson.

Team Hectic.

Many antweights