PLANNED OUTAGE - Weds 1st April 6pm onwards

Announcements from the administrator or moderators of RW101.org or Antweights.com

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

PLANNED OUTAGE - Weds 1st April 6pm onwards

Post by petec »

Hi all

Please note that after a year of very poor performance of the existing hosts, I'm moving the whole website, including this forum, to a new service. Because of different versions in use it's going to be quite a manual process so I intend to take the site down from about 6pm on Weds evening and keep going until it's back up on the new host.

The site will be unavailable during this time.

I will post to the Twitter feed - @robotwars101 - when the site is available again.

Thanks for your patience and your continued participation in the community. :D
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
MarkR

Re: PLANNED OUTAGE - Weds 1st April 6pm onwards

Post by MarkR »

Good job, it's working really well.

One thing I can suggest, is can we have https enabled by default automatically (e.g. with a redirect?)

Seems very fast.

Thanks

Mark
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

Also, can you check the search facility, it seems to need reindexing or something, it's not finding things (Example: search "lipo connector" it does not find many messages about lipo connector)
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
petec

Post by petec »

Thanks - yes, it's lightening fast compared. Was a bit of a pain to get across though.

SSL - looking at it. There is some kind of virtual SSL service as part of the package but I've not got my head around it yet.

The index will rebuild. I deleted the index to make the file transfers quicker (the download from the old site rather than the upload to this one). Usually takes a day or two to build - apologies for any issues that causes.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

i can really notice the difference... i didnt notice it being slow, but was a bit peeved with the site going down every so often, but now the change its really noticeable just how fast it is now... good job...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)