Website Infection

Announcements from the administrator or moderators of RW101.org or Antweights.com

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

petec

Website Infection

Post by petec »

Dear all

RobotWars101 has been the victim of a virus attack which has left the pages of the site with code which delivers a Trojan to the computer of the person viewing the page.

If you have viewed the site in the last few days and NOT had an anti-virus message come up, please scan you computer for viruses immediately.

I'm going through the site clearing up the mess but it is a significant infection and will take some time. Please stick to the forum only for the next few days.

I am extremely upset that this has happened and that someone has chosen to deliberately infect this quiet, pleasant corner of the internet. I hope that it has not caused anyone else any problems.

Needless to say, I will attempt to find who did this and expose them if I can.

I will also be looking at changing the forum over to the latest version (not straightforward) so if the board becomes unavailable, it is just because I'm trying to improve things.

PeteC
System Admin
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
petec

Post by petec »

Sorry to say that Simon and Google pointed out that I missed one infection in the Resources folder on the site. I've now cleaned this but it will be a little while before Google stops blocking it, so if you get a scary message, don't worry too much.

All other areas are still clean and I've now destroyed all old copies of files so there are no infections anywhere on the server.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com