new forum

Wanna talk about something other than robots? Really?? Can't understand it myself, but if you really want to, do it here....normal rules apply though!!

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

BeligerAnt

Re: new forum

Post by BeligerAnt »

The board time is set to GMT with no summertime applied. I'm not sure if this was Pete's intention, or it's a default that didn't get changed.

If you want the board to display in your local time (wherever you are) you can click on the "User Control Panel" link at the top-left of every page, then go to the "Board Preferences" tab, scroll down to "My Timezone" and select the appropriate one, then set "Summer Time/DST is in effect" to "Yes". I think this means "my time zone uses DST" so the time is automatically advanced by one hour between March and October.

This will also work for anyone who is not based in the UK. If you used to have the board set to your local time, it may have got set back to UTC during the update. Follow the instructions above to set your local time, and DST if necessary.

Edit: If the new board theme is a little too "blue" for you, under "Board Preferences" there is also "My board style" where you can select "subsilver2" to have something of a retro look to your view of the forum!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

thanks! loving the subsilver, looks almost the same as the old forum :D :D :D
haz

Post by haz »

same!!!!!!!! i like the new forum now :D :D
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

You young people are supposed to cope with change, it's us old g*ts that are supposed to be stuck in our ways! :wink:
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
Team Orr

Post by Team Orr »

Really great work guys, loving the new look, although i fear i may too have to revert back to subsilver (for now) any chance we could sort out some avatars? as my old one was fairly snazzy :P
also how is everybody doing those GIF's in the signatures? i can only seem to be able to edit/add text
keep it up!
Jack
"if it wasn't for Edison we'd be watching TV by candlelight"
Jack Orr
Team Orr Robotics
earthwormjim

Post by earthwormjim »

User Control Panel/Profile/edit signature.
[img] link to .gif file hosted on photobucket [img]
(worked for me,anyways.) :)
PBx

Post by PBx »

Just thought I would add my congrats on the move and upgrade. Twitter was useful as well for kepping track of when it came back.
Team - Yr Morgrug
The joy is the journey