Rule Check

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Rule Check

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

"Ants my expand, but only by remote control"
Does this include all types of remote control, such as pulling a string from outside the arena, or is it exclusive to transmitter/reciever set up? And also, it doesnt state whether an ant can expand before a battle by remote control, then fight. Under these circumstances, I think it would be legal to pull a string to deploy an expansion before the fight starts, then close up the arena and do battle. Can people correct me if I'm wrong though, and I'll rebuild it (yet again. lol).
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
petec

Post by petec »

Strictly you need to expand at the start of the fight - not before the start. All types of remote control are allowed - the phrasing was deliberate and allows for pulling bits of string. Basically, as long as you don' have to physically touch the robot you sare ok.
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The rules give the following definition:

Remote control - Control without direct physical contact of the robot body
Remote-Controlled Dave

OK, cheers guys. :wink:
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Thinking about it, perhaps according to the definition quoted above: string is making a direct physical contact with the body, and is therefore illegal. Perhaps if the rules where re-written then it should state
"Remote control - Control without direct physical contact of the roboteer with the robot body"

Just a thought - I'm sure that everyone will agree that string (as long as it isn't left in the arena to become an entanglement) is perfectly OK.

Simon
Remote-Controlled Dave

Have moved to rubber bands now anyway. lol. If I can get the damn thing to stay on!
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
stuart luxton

Question......

Post by stuart luxton »

hello
Are you allowed to change any of the body parts or weapons of ur robot between fights? eg...change a axe into a flipper ready for next fight depending on who you come up agaist?
Thanks
Remote-Controlled Dave

Theres no rule against it I can see. So long as all configurations fit the size/weight rules, shuld be fine.
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

As I know it, you have to weight and put in a cube with the heaviest/biggest parts, otherwise I dont see any problems.
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Yes, it's perfectly OK to have interchageable wapons/armour/what-have-you, so long as all combinations fit the weight/size limits (but not all at the same time!)

So, the heaviest combination must fit the weight limit, and the biggest combination must fit in the cube, but the two combinations may be different, and there may also be other smaller and/or lighter combinations too!

Hope this all makes sense...

BTW, parts should really be able to be changed in a few minutes. It doesn't actually say that in the rules, but common sense needs to be applied.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt