Mixers being used to drive clusters

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Remote-Controlled Dave

Mixers being used to drive clusters

Post by Remote-Controlled Dave »

I read on the infernolab site about his Sozbot cluster. The quote used was "Due to some clever fiddling with the mixer, I was able to drive both bot(lets) simaltaneously (how the hell do you spell that??). Without too much technical jargon, would anyone know how to do this?
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Raizor

Post by Raizor »

Simply put he Did a "Pete Waller". All Petes spinners are on the same frequency so if he turns two on the transmitter will send the signels to both receivers and both will do the same thing, drive forwad back etc. The same thing was done with the Clusterbot.

As a slight aside, Pete do you still run them all on the one frequency?
The Irish Guy
Website Hosting:
http://www.dghosting.co.uk
Remote-Controlled Dave

No, he only used one remote to control both botlets, one stick for each one. So the left stick drove one and the right drove the other seperately. I'll try find the link...
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Remote-Controlled Dave

Using an airplane radio & fancy mixing, I now drive Lame-O with my right hand joytick & Same-O with the left. Driving 2 bots simultaneously is a trip! The world's first one-person-driven-multibot fared well at Sozbots 1.5 in San Francisco on 12/15/02 and survived unscated, ready for Sozbots 1.6 in Los Angeles on 2/8/03.
Thats the quote, its a fair way down on page.
http://www.infernolab.com/projectfiles/lame-o.html
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

If you have four channel radio you get channels 1 & 2 on the right stick and 3 & 4 on the left. If on one bots receiver you use outputs 1 & 2 it is controlled by the right stick and on the other bots receiver you use outputs 3 & 4 it is controlled by the left stick. The trick is finding a good radio that lets you mix channels 1 & 2 and 3 & 4 independantly to make it easier to control. All I did was run both receivers on the same frequency but both robots were controlled by the right stick so I had no independant control of either robot.
Remote-Controlled Dave

All right, that makes sense. Would involve expensive radio gear, so I fink I'll stick to conventional methods
Die Gracefully Robotics
Winner - AWS 39
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

you could always use the mixer in a tx and have a mixer on board the one controlled by channels 3 and 4, seems expensive though
TEAM GEEK!