ESC questions & why not USA shipping

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: ESC questions & why not USA shipping

Post by Kyro »

i guess over there it would be yarn?

wool here is the name for a big coloured ball of string that is used for knitting... i think it translates to yarn anyway...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Kyro wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:49 am i guess over there it would be yarn?

wool here is the name for a big coloured ball of string that is used for knitting... i think it translates to yarn anyway...
OK cool, I just didn't realize that you were putting it on the tx. Yarn helped me understand it.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

in this pic you can kinda see some of my mods...

Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Perfect!

Do you use a neck strap? I was reading that the ones with the removable clip are ideal.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

nah... neck straps are essential if you drive using a pinch grip, but i drive thumbs so a strap isn't needed...

i tied my wool to where the strap would go though... i also sometimes have a bind plug looped through for easy storage/access

my next mod will be a 2s lipo...

i was always a bit worried about doing it as the tx is not rated for more than 6v, but i am able to set a robot up so quickly and easily nowdays that it wouldn't be too much of an issue to replace one that burned out and re setup my bots...

it seems that generally, more survive the lipo mod just fine with only 2 stories of damage being caused by doing it...

i have a couple of 1500mah 2s batteries that would fit inside nicely... only, i will do it after the event on saturday just incase
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Kyro wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:18 pm nah... neck straps are essential if you drive using a pinch grip, but i drive thumbs so a strap isn't needed...

i tied my wool to where the strap would go though... i also sometimes have a bind plug looped through for easy storage/access

my next mod will be a 2s lipo...

i was always a bit worried about doing it as the tx is not rated for more than 6v, but i am able to set a robot up so quickly and easily nowdays that it wouldn't be too much of an issue to replace one that burned out and re setup my bots...

it seems that generally, more survive the lipo mod just fine with only 2 stories of damage being caused by doing it...

i have a couple of 1500mah 2s batteries that would fit inside nicely... only, i will do it after the event on saturday just incase
Awesome!

Do you have a link to the procedure you will use?
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

i do not... but i will open the tx up, solder a battery connector to the battery cable that plugs into the main board and plug my lipo into that... i will probably dremel out the existing battery holder so i can access the lipo for charging...

will likely be a 10 minute job...

i could probably make a guide easily enough though... just snap a few pics as i go
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Kyro wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:25 pm i do not... but i will open the tx up, solder a battery connector to the battery cable that plugs into the main board and plug my lipo into that... i will probably dremel out the existing battery holder so i can access the lipo for charging...

i could probably make a guide easily enough though... just snap a few pics as i go
That would be awesome! I'll see if I can find the link I have, but I think it is for a different battery type. I'll check tonight.
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

minionhunter wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:47 pm
Kyro wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:25 pm i do not... but i will open the tx up, solder a battery connector to the battery cable that plugs into the main board and plug my lipo into that... i will probably dremel out the existing battery holder so i can access the lipo for charging...

That would be awesome! I'll see if I can find the link I have, but I think it is for a different battery type. I'll check tonight.
I didn't find it last night.

This was the gimbal mod I was looking at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoajVe8 ... e=emb_logo

You said only two reports of frying the tx. Where are you reading about the mod? I try to read everything I can.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

mix of forums and youtube... it was quite a while back so i cant be any more specific sorry...
Team Rocket
Io(4wd flipper)