ESC questions & why not USA shipping

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

minionhunter

Re: ESC questions & why not USA shipping

Post by minionhunter »

Kyro wrote: Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:40 pm mix of forums and youtube... it was quite a while back so i cant be any more specific sorry...
No worries! I totally understand this. I'm still looking for a link to mechanisms that I thought I found here. Unless you keep meticulous records and snapshots of everything you read it can be impossible to find things. Bookmarks aren't even enough. You might be able to tell I myself struggle with this constantly.
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Kyro wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:18 pm nah... neck straps are essential if you drive using a pinch grip, but i drive thumbs so a strap isn't needed...

i tied my wool to where the strap would go though... i also sometimes have a bind plug looped through for easy storage/access

my next mod will be a 2s lipo...

i was always a bit worried about doing it as the tx is not rated for more than 6v, but i am able to set a robot up so quickly and easily nowdays that it wouldn't be too much of an issue to replace one that burned out and re setup my bots...

it seems that generally, more survive the lipo mod just fine with only 2 stories of damage being caused by doing it...

i have a couple of 1500mah 2s batteries that would fit inside nicely... only, i will do it after the event on saturday just incase
These are the threads I found on replacing the gimbals with upgraded gimbals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoajVe8 ... e=emb_logo

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthr ... -mod/page2
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

Ut Oh...

Just got a message from the ebay seller I bought the 6 esc's from. He said that due to the cor.vir. The shipment would either be delayed for two weeks or he could refund my money.

"Sorry to bother you.

We are sorry to let you know that we could only send out the item to you in 10-15 business days later.There are something unexpected happened.Because of it is under the control of serious cor*** vi*** at the moment.Is it ok for you?If you can't wait so long,how about we cancel the order and refund you?

If any questions please feel free to contact us again. We will get back to you at our earliest convenience. Thanks"

You don't want to believe in the rumors you hear that the SHTF with this situation, but this is freaky. I don't know what to say to them on this. Do I cancel and order from someone else? Do I let it ride?
Last edited by minionhunter on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

minionhunter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:16 pm Ut Oh...

Just got a message from the ebay seller I bought the 6 esc's from. He said that due to the cor.vir. The shipment would either be delayed for two weeks or he could refund my money.

"Sorry to bother you.

We are sorry to let you know that we could only send out the item to you in 10-15 business days later.There are something unexpected happened.Because of it is under the control of serious cor*** vi*** at the moment.Is it ok for you?If you can't wait so long,how about we cancel the order and refund you?

If any questions please feel free to contact us again. We will get back to you at our earliest convenience. Thanks"

You don't want to believe in the rumors you hear that the SHTF with this situation, but this is freaky. I don't know what to say to them on this. Do I cancel and order from someone else? Do I let it ride?
Maybe he's just trying to scam me because they were supposed to ship a week ago. But maybe he's referring to customs and has poor English. If he was trying to scam me, why would he offer me a refund? I think this situation is serious.

I'm going to send him an email saying that I hope he's OK and I can wait for him to send it, but to stay safe and keep me updated.
minionhunter

Post by minionhunter »

minionhunter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:21 pm
minionhunter wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:16 pm Ut Oh...

"Sorry to bother you.

Maybe he's just trying to scam me because they were supposed to ship a week ago. But maybe he's referring to customs and has poor English. If he was trying to scam me, why would he offer me a refund? I think this situation is serious.

I'm going to send him an email saying that I hope he's OK and I can wait for him to send it, but to stay safe and keep me updated.
I sent him an email and said I hoped he was safe and was OK and that I could wait for a week or so for the shipping.

I asked him if he could tell me who makes these or where he gets them because I wanted to get some with motor brake on the esc. It is a long shot but maybe this can lead to some esc's that are more suited to antweight combat robots...