Das Mikro - £12 dual channel speed controller with mixing

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

tomchaps

Re: Das Mikro - £12 dual channel speed controller with mixing

Post by tomchaps »

Just got mine running on a cardboard test bed--it's fine with a resistor between the motor terminals (although I may have added too much braking--it's pretty slow.

(Video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcwbtN9ys_A)

Here's the thing, though. I got excited and stuck a biggish servo onto the receiver. The servo immediately started jittering and twitching, so I unplugged it. But now the right motor twitches, rotating backwards intermittently.

Can adding a servo to the receiver somehow mess this up? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

How is the receiver powered? If it's powered via the speed controller then the addition of a servo may have overloaded the voltage regulator (aka BEC) in the speed controller.
If you've damaged the voltage regulator it may affect operation of the speed controller and will almost certainly affect the operation of the receiver. If you're lucky you can power the receiver from a separate voltage regulator (BEC) that is also suitable for powering the servo. Servos can take a significant current (over 1A) which is too much for many regulators.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
mlg678

Post by mlg678 »

Hi,

Forgive me for what is probably a stupid question but can you use any of these receivers with the das Mikro. Or can someone suggest one please. I'm a complete beginner so wiring this is going to be fun!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dsm2-6ch-wi ... -cert.html

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/dsm2-6ch-wi ... c-rcm.html

Thanks Mike
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

Both should be fine, you just need a receiver that accepts servo leads.
mlg678

Post by mlg678 »

Hi thanks for replying,

Forgot to mention I've got the devo 7e tx. I know that I'd have to put some software on it to use some receivers (the two I linked in I think). Could some suggest a receiver that I wouldn't have to do the software update and would work with the das mikro as well? Also any suggestions to a good but cheap solder/soldering iron ?

Sorry for the stupid question!

Thanks Mike
shangalaing

Post by shangalaing »

There are walkera 6ch receivers available that work with it but they are hard to come by and more expensive. The software change for the transmitter is easy and then it will run any receiver with dsmx or dsm2 and you can pick these up anywhere for peanuts. (Orange rx/lemon rx)
mlg678

Post by mlg678 »

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me before I attempted to solder up the das mikro. I wanted to know if, in the picture, is everything in the correct position ready for soldering?

I know I have to cut the red wire on the servo and connect it to the battery wire below the switch.

Also what is the extra wires, at the bottom by the resisters, for?

Thanks for any help

Mike
Attachments
IMG-20170625-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20170625-WA0000.jpg (152.46 KiB) Viewed 15370 times
Ant Ipodean

Post by Ant Ipodean »

Hi Mike

The extra wire with socket is superfluous. Probably there in case you need a feed wire from battery, etc.

A couple of notes ..
I think they are capacitors rather than resistors.
I suggest that you remove/eliminate the brown and red wires from ONE OF the plugs going to the receiver, as they are redundant.

Mike.
mlg678

Post by mlg678 »

Thanks for replying Mike.

I actually forgot to ask that question about the 6 wires going into 4 as it looked like, on the photo from first post, they were all going into the 4 spots on the board.

Thanks for replying. I'm sure I'll have more silly question later!

Mike
TeamSeismic

Post by TeamSeismic »

Ant Ipodean wrote:Hi Mike

The extra wire with socket is superfluous. Probably there in case you need a feed wire from battery, etc.

A couple of notes ..
I think they are capacitors rather than resistors.
I suggest that you remove/eliminate the brown and red wires from ONE OF the plugs going to the receiver, as they are redundant.

Mike.
Hi Mike,
Are you referring to removing the brown/red wires from one of the two motor plugs which goes to the receiver?
Sorry I'm new to this,
Thanks.