3D Printing discount

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

josh

3D Printing discount

Post by josh »

Hi Guys,

I'll be doing a print run in Nylon - same quality as Shapeways WSAF.
I purchase an entire print bed from the factory and fill it. I have some spare space so if anybody has some parts that need printing drop me a message and I'll do them nice and cheap for you.

Best,
J
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Rhys

Re: 3D Printing discount

Post by Rhys »

When would you need to know by? I was planning on making an order in the not too distant future, but haven't finished any of my designs yet. How much of a discount are we looking at? And are tolerances the same as WSAF, for things like wall sizes, spacing etc?
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

I am hoping to do a Wsf order as well with a few models, same questions as Rhys. I am on holiday until Sunday so can't get cads to you until then.
TEAM GEEK!
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Depending on when the order is sent I may have a chassis or two to be printed. :D

.DAE format fine?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
josh

Post by josh »

Hi Guys,

I could do with confirmation and files by Sunday night. I can stretch to Monday afternoon but no further for this print. If there is enough interest however I can run another print in a week or so.

Price on this round will be £0.50/cm3 +VAT and Shipping for items under 50mm tall in at least one dimension.

Same tolerances at Shapeways WSAF if you want to live life on the edge you can break minimum wall thickness but that's your risk.

So cut off time for submission of files is Monday 8th April at 3pm. Emailed to email@Miproto.com - The team will convert standard Sketchup or DAE files but note if they are non manifold we won't be able to fix them. You can test for Manifold with Meshlab or uploading to Shapeways and seeing if it spits it out.

If you can't make that date, send the files across and I'll schedule another print just for RW101. The more people in on a print the cheaper I can run them.

All the best,
Josh
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

Damn just had to order some new parts from hobbyking so need to wait for the postal service to deliver before I alter my designs. I'll sit out this round but if there is another I am very interested.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

What sort of turn round are you expecting on these parts.
josh

Post by josh »

These will go through the machine on Tuesday and they should be cleaned and shipped on Thursday/Friday from the factory in central London.
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

That sounds good I have just sent the file by email its basically a chassis and 6 wheels.
josh

Post by josh »

Those sending me files from Sketchup, can you send me the .skp/skb files please - rather than .dae.
Now I appreciate what Shapeways has to do to let us use Sketchup! They are actually horribly damaged files when you try to pull them into something like Solidworks as a model...

On the note of another Print - I can do a dedicated run if 5 people send me approximately 20cm3 which is about a chassis and a few pieces. This will cost £1/cm3 +VAT and Shipping with 3 days from deadline to ship.

Prices will decrease the more orders I get, If I don't have enough I can occasionally sell spare space on the company prints so I will post here when that is available.

All the best,
RPD International
www.RPDintl.com