Wiring A controller

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MichaelGoode

Wiring A controller

Post by MichaelGoode »

Hi, Michael here.
I am 11 and new to this website. I have designed a 6 wheel drive- 3 on each side and the body is basically a cuboid. To steer I am going to make 1 set of wheels go forwards the other set backwards (opposite for the other way - thus spinning round. This is the tanks way of turning. I have designed that but now I need to know what I am buying to go inside the remote and robot. I would also be grateful if someone posted a topic on how to wire a controler from scratch (with the exception of servo's and things like that.
Thanks
Michael
Michael
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Hi Michael,

Welcome to the site.

Take a look at http://www.robotcombat.com/products/ima ... iagram.jpg This is a controller that qyite a few of us use.

I hope that helps.

Simon
MichaelGoode

Controller

Post by MichaelGoode »

As I'm only 11 I am not a Genius- not thats its a bad thing :wink: For the control I was thinking of having 2 up and down triggers. The reason for this is I am going to have 2 motors, for 6 wheels. I will try to post a pic as soon as possible so you can understand it better, I dont want to go into detail as it is quite confusing :-? I have made a prototype out of knex
Last edited by MichaelGoode on Mon May 03, 2010 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

What is the flip channel for
Michael
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

By the way Simon, I am a big fan of your website. Who made Dynomite?
Michael
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

MichaelGoode wrote:What is the flip channel for
The flip channel is a channel you would connect to a switch on your remote control,

If you have a robot that runs both ways you use the switch when you go upside down then it inverts the controls so it is the same as driving the right way up.
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

oh thank you, i am trying to upload my pictures, but until then, you can;t see my design. The flip channel might not be needed, as my design is the same upside down :lol: But if i decide to add a wepon ill need it, what are channels for?
Michael
Shakey

Post by Shakey »

MichaelGoode wrote:oh thank you, i am trying to upload my pictures, but until then, you can;t see my design. The flip channel might not be needed, as my design is the same upside down :lol: But if i decide to add a wepon ill need it, what are channels for?
?
If you think about it a right turn on the controller is a right turn on the robot, however if the robot is upsid edown it becomes a left turn. The flip channel inverts this control so an upside down robot would turn right not left when you tell it to go right.

In response to "What are channels for?". Do you mean what is a channel?
Nuts And Bots - For all your components and ready built antweights!

Alex Shakespeare - Team Shakey / Nuts And Bots / Team Nuts:
AWS 44, 45, 49, 51 & 55 Winner - Far too many robots!
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

yep
I have a plan of an RC remote from Simon Windisch but dont know what i need- im only 11
Michael
MichaelGoode

Post by MichaelGoode »

stiol dont know what a channel is :-? can someone help me
Michael