Fleaweight?

Please post all questions and answers in here. This way people can easily see if someone else has the same problem.

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Flippin 'eck! :o Is all this necessary? The battery, wiring and charger I can understand, even though it made me cringe a little bit, but the regulated mains power unit? Wow! :-?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

which power units would I get anyway?
Jonathan Atkinson
Before you criticize another person, first walk a mile in their shoes. Then, when you critisize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
razerdave

Post by razerdave »

If you can find an old PC or Laptop power supply that has an output of between 11 and 15v, then you can power the Pro-Peak Quattro charger off that. I got one for free, works fine for me
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Er, the one in my post? Is something not clear?

Simon
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Sorry if I wasn't clear. If I got one one of the mains power unit from your post, simon, which one would it be because there are several ranging from 20 to 45 pounds. The laptop charger sounds promising also, how would I wire it.
Jonathan Atkinson
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The "3A 13.8V DC PSU" should do fine. I use an old 12v power supply from some long-dead device, and it's 1A and it works fine.

I'm not sure how safe using an internal PC power supply is but the idea would be to use a voltmeter to see where the 12v wires come from and use them.

Simon
leo-rcc

Post by leo-rcc »

The new pc power supplies need an adjustment to work, because normally these only work when plugged into a motherboard.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to- ... hout-a-PC/

But once that is sorted there is no problem in using a PC power supply for your charger.
Best regards,

Leo van Miert.
Dutchrobotgames
Team RCC website
bitternboy

Post by bitternboy »

Does anyone know where I can get the wiring for the LiPo to reduce it's voltage. Online is fine or if anyone has some I could buy off of them.
Jonathan Atkinson
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Just reread your post, do you mean you want to know how to wire a voltage regulator, or how to get the wires for a voltage regulator, or how to get a voltage regulator http://uk.farnell.com/on-semiconductor/ ... dp/1703352 or http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/sear ... &R=5166177

Simon