Oasis' Build Diary/Log/Journel Thingy

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Oasis

Oasis' Build Diary/Log/Journel Thingy

Post by Oasis »

Aight I meant to write this all up ages ago and now I'm on the second revision of my bot, Insomnia, so I'm just gonna take it from here. The first revision of the design wasn't very finissed in many ways, and the bot ended up being botched the night before, but it at least drove on the day!

I have no idea what I'm doing
Oasis

Re: Oasis' Build Diary/Log/Journel Thingy

Post by Oasis »

So I got home, and started working on a new CAD. This one smoothened out a lot of the problems that occured in the first design, having a new top plate mount for my servo, wider front wej, space for on switch, more screw holes, armour on the back and a bit more space inside it! This time I actually got my hold off my ABS and managed to print it for £14

On top of that I got my hand on a KST DS215MG servo, and this things crazy powerful! The last electronics update was hacking my GT3B transmitter in order to gain more control over my servo arm, making it extremely decent for a pistol grip transmitter!

After cleaning up all the wires the bot hopefully won't fall apart when transporting it or anything. Unfortunately I ran out of poly at the very end of the build and was left with this:

well, more poly is on the way now!
Last edited by Oasis on Mon May 18, 2020 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oasis

Post by Oasis »

And its here and my bot is all done :D . Shame there are no tourneys coming up soon, but it does give me plenty of time to practice driving and tweak my transmitter

and it self rights!

razerdave

Post by razerdave »

That’s a great improvement, looks great :)
Oasis

Post by Oasis »

Thanks, appreciate it! I'm working on another ant right now, having gotten all this experience I think I could go with a more exciting design :D