LimaHotel

Re: jes's build log

Post by LimaHotel »

... It just sounds superior 😂
A grabber? I CHALLENGE IT WITH JIGGY!
jes

Post by jes »

Well I had a great time at Antfreeze 7, thanks all. I had 3 wins and 2 losses, and reached the final 16 before getting knocked out by CATanix (I think?).

The first loss came from driving it into the pit unaided against Wedge Wedge Wedge, just stupidity and inexperience. The second loss was because CATanix drove at me from the side and got his little wedges underneath, and then I couldn't get off.

I think the biggest vulnerability (to wedges) is being attacked from the side. The shape of the sides of Wedge of Glory just guides any wedge directly underneath regardless of how close to the ground it is. Possibly need to think about that. It might also help if the wheels were a bit closer to the outside edge, as then I might have had some contact with the ground and been able to wriggle away.

Head-to-head against other wedges, it did surprisingly well considering there is no acetate on the front. There are at least 2 clear instances where it drives straight at the front of another wedge and goes underneath.

I would have liked to go up against a spinner, as I still don't know what would happen there. Lima suggested that they would just bite straight through the nylon on the wedge due to how thin it is, which is quite possible.

Emma filmed all of my fights in case anyone's interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NQXdhqR2CE

Also, at the start of my first 2 fights, as soon as I shut the lid on the arena the robot became very laggy in its response to my inputs. On both occasions the problem was solved by turning the robot off and on again, but I don't really know what was going on there? It's a FlySky FS-iA6 receiver and FS-i6 transmitter.
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

strange issue with the transmitter... maybe a rebind would stop it from happening again in the future...

i have never had that issue with my i6's... but i use a mix of fs-gr3e and fs-2a receivers...

the 2 occasions i used the fs-ia6 i never had that issue though... if the problem persists, i suggest one of the aforementioned receivers as a replacement.

also grats on your performance at your first event. you did a lot better than i did at my first event... last antfreeze i left with 0 wins...

i too was impressed with how well you got under people without using acetate...

but i am glad you enjoyed it and i hope to see you at more events...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

also your video answered some questions for me... like what happened in the rumble as all i saw was sparks then suddenly i had a wheel missing and a motor hanging off... turns out it was my missus's robot after hitting someone and launching up into the air, landed on my bot and took me out...

looked pretty epic
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)