Team Antiquarian new build diary

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

MySolderIsOlder

All ready for AWS58

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

Well, I scarcely dare say it but... I think we might actually be ready! Wasted a lot of time last week trying to implement a last-minute crazy idea for a flail-bot (going to leave that particular challenge until I've got a 3-d printer!) but with deadlines looming, I decided to spend this final weekend concentrating on getting 3 workable bots each ready for my son's team and my own, even if that meant re-purposing a few earlier designs.

So, with great relief, I give you:

*** Anthony's Ant Army ***
Featuring, from the left,
"Other Way Up" (invertible 4-WD pusher)
"The Recycler" (my first, rather dismal attempt at a drum spinner - which will almost certainly self-destruct before it reaches the enemy)
"The Plough" (titanium-bladed flipper - definitely the dark horse in our pack and my personal favourite, not least because it doesn;t need acetate)

And also...
*** Team Antiquarian ***
"PachycephalAnt" (formerly 'Spindoza'. Having been through more changes of wheels than an F1 team, plus 3 different scoops, I realised it wasn't really good for anything except ramming stuff - so now it's got a new name, 3s LiPO, 500rpm motors, moon-buggy wheels and a 2mm polycarbonate scoop. All of which means I should be able to drive it straight into the drop-off even faster than ever)
"PolycarbonAnt" (rough and ready 4-WD invertible push-bot)
"LexAnt" (based on a front flipper I made a while back which was too big for the cube and suffered intermittent brown-outs - so I reshaped the flipper blade to fit, ripped out the electronics and, in honour of our hosts ARC robotics, replaced it with an AWESC)

Bring it on!

Stuart
Stuart (Tony's dad)