TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

Post by Kyro »

the orientation of your teeth, and that little arrow on the can bugs me...
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
MySolderIsOlder

Post by MySolderIsOlder »

:lol:
Wondered who would pick up on that. It's an old motor from one of my old flail bots. Now re-orientated!
Stuart (Tony's dad)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Planning on going to AWS 63 this april, looking forward to it! Currently i am planning on taking:

Manta Ray
Shadow Snake
And, Arena Sweeper

Manta ray is unchanged from its last event, but its reliable so i'm looking to take it since i know it has the potential to do well!
Shadow Snake and Arena Sweeper however are untested in battle, more about those in a separate post.

First thing to do however is turn all the bots on and see how they are doing, been a while since i've done that to be quite honest... especially manta ray. hope they are well.

Then comes the making of spares and stuff and also my favourite part, foamboard armour panels, because its fun seeing it get torn up and also because it seems to work ok sometimes for some wild reason
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

So some problems with manta ray, it doesn't appear to want to turn on, completely unsure as to what the issue is but i guess after 3-4 long years the robot has finally decided to give in

That or i'm using a crap battery, however i don't really have any spare that i can use and hobbyking's lipos are on backorder... so for now i'll just say manta ray is dead, bye manta ray :(

https://gyazo.com/e556c2b07f4c3f701e81511fe3dc1eef

Instead i'll be entering with Nom, a grabby shakey kit but i decided to give it some cosmetic touches, that probably won't be lasting too long but it'll be fun to watch either way!

https://gyazo.com/708b1add46f759565b0d61389750bdcd

Enjoy that fun angle, thought the head would be fun, would love to make it bigger but this shall do for now! I still also need to glue it on...

Other than that, all my other bots are A-okay! More on them soon

(Soon as in, when i get bored and decide to write about them)
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

Things you could check with Manta Ray:

1. I recommend getting a battery tester, cheap as chips and really handy for checking battery levels, especially during events where you can work out if a bot needs charging. I picked up one like this, which does up to 8S lipos (it does give out a really loud beep though!) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143492440934 ... Sw1W9eEf8b
2. borrow a battery from another bot that you know works - does it work in Manta Ray?
3. It could be the power switch - these can sometimes be a bit finnicky.
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Welp, that's annoying

https://gyazo.com/0dde998169f649e99128bdd65c34bb91

For context, this is Nom, one of my 150g robots. Its a shakey grabber that i decided to give some aesthetic touches too and now because of that it doesn't fit in the cube anymore.

May need to redesign the head... its only foamboard anyways so no big issue
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

T_Y wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:19 pm Things you could check with Manta Ray:

1. I recommend getting a battery tester, cheap as chips and really handy for checking battery levels, especially during events where you can work out if a bot needs charging. I picked up one like this, which does up to 8S lipos (it does give out a really loud beep though!) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/143492440934 ... Sw1W9eEf8b
2. borrow a battery from another bot that you know works - does it work in Manta Ray?
3. It could be the power switch - these can sometimes be a bit finnicky.
Yea could definitely give those a go! I'll try get a battery tester too, that sounds pretty neat
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)