TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Kyro

Re: TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

Post by Kyro »

if you switch the wheels around, they will sit a good few mm closer to the body each side... this may also help...

my cube is just some foam tile cut up and superglued together... its pretty accurate, simple and helps a lot with builds
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Kyro wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:37 pm if you switch the wheels around, they will sit a good few mm closer to the body each side... this may also help...

my cube is just some foam tile cut up and superglued together... its pretty accurate, simple and helps a lot with builds
I tried that but the wheels have tabs at the end to stop them from going in too far, which is the only reason why they stick out as far as they do.

And ah i see! I'll have to make one of my own lmao.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

I have gained a few ideas for antweights that i really want to get done. The only problem is i am kinda broke atm lolll. So i'm just putting my ideas here so i don't forget them.

FORCE WALL

FORCE WALL is my idea for a front hinged flipper. It's named after the song FORCE WALL by Infekt (really good song just listen to it). I'll most probably he getting it done VIA Panaromics Creations, due to my inability to Solder, which is something i plan on learning sometime soon for a different build. I'll probably get extra flippers/ wedges printed/made just for spinners.

Arena Sweeper

Arena Sweeper is my plans for an undercutter, and will hopefully be my first spinner, which i hope will do very well. I will probably have to learn to solder myself for this build which is definitely something i can do (hopefully). I already have a weapon blade and drive motors for it (that's if they don't get used for other bots first).

Nom

Nom is an idea i have had before. The idea has changed a lot over its life span but its never actually been built. For the start it was planned to have a tiny, long body made of foamboard with a large metal head used to clamp and protect it from incoming damage, this changed to a foamboard head to save weight, but the idea was changed again and was planned to just be a grabber robot that would use the head to clamp onto other robots. That is the idea i still plan to roll with for the moment.

Hopefully all of these builds end up coming to life. I'd quite like to finally make some of my own ideas actually happen
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

This is the current state of Krave-lit. Because i only fought a wedge and a flipper the body is totally fine. The only issue came at robonerd where it fell apart. This was probably due to the servo being hot glued, which on its own is fine. But the servo is made of metal so i guess it didn't stick as well. I now have a plastic metal gear servo so hopefully this won't be an issue anymore. Everything else kind of worked. Screw mounting the wheels into the foamboard somehow worked? And the robot weight 93g. So i have space to add metal armour to protect the electronics. Also to make the wedge less sucky.
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

I've been waiting for a receiver for 3 weeks now. I'll probably just build Krave-lit as Urchin kinda failed. It can't push and is very easy to push the wheels off of the ground. Sad times. Also it can't drive when the lid is on, yay.
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

So my current builds are gonna be FORCE WALL, Nom, Krave-lit and Arena Sweeper
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

I swear i'd rather pay money for someone else to wire electronics for me than do it myself i have just waited 3-4 weeks for a receiver to arrive only for it to die in minutes because it could only handle 5 Volts -_- i hate wiring robots myself something always goes wrong...
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

No idea if that image is showing up tbh. But there is some CAD of a bot i am working on.

Its going eh. Just learning how to use it all for now
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Also in terms of progress with bots

Its all over the place. I am trying to finish the two spinners i aim to finish at some point, the only issues being electronics (which is an issue i always have anyways)
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Update time!!!!

Nom is going ok. I have cut out several decoration panels to make it look less like a kit bot (i love my kits :)) i have to just hotglue the head together and then onto the grabber and several other nice aesthetic bits. The will be shredded pretty easily by spinners but it means that they won't give them anything particularly solid to gain bite onto

Arena Sweeper is slowly taking shape:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ05tF9LXgY ... ilbiktdkdz

Unfortunately due to me miscounting how much money i had (minor mistake lol) i haven't got the pain screws for the body and the zipties for mounting the drive motors.

The only real issues with the bot is that the weapon bar is slightly too short so i'll probably have to order a longer, custom bar so that it can have a bit more reach with its weapon. Other than that, the colour scheme is questionable but that's only a minor issue.
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)