TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

TeamScrewUp

Re: Manta ray and Others

Post by TeamScrewUp »

On the 23rd of february, i went to AWS58. In upper tysoe. The event was very fun and i mwt a lot of very kind people. As always.

BUT HOW DID THE ROBOTS DO??????

Well, for context

Manta ray is going into its 3rd competition now. After AWS54 and 55. Receiving somewhat minimal damage from both. Kinda. Not really.

Nommy nommington is a joke robot going into its first event. I only built him because i thought i would just have manta ray. Turns out i wouldn't.

Krave-lit is going into its second event. With improvements such as being bigger, having more space to eat robots. In sacrifice for *ACTUAL* paper armour. And also having a shorter hight. Ayy.

Getting to the event, i had all my robots Ready and charged. Saftey checks went Eh. Manta ray had to have some acetate trimmed (thin plastic boioi). Nommy Nommington having his *BIG OL GOOGLY EYES* go outside the cube. And only just getting into the cube. Krave-lit got into the cube fairly easily. So no problem. And thats the saftey check. Oh. Also krave-lit may have been the lightest antweight at the event. At 93 grams.

Now came the wait. But that was fine. Nothing broke so its a big win.

And the fights. I had krave-lit fighting push off first. Who was a wedge. However their batteries weren't charged in time for the fight. And they had to forfeit.

Next, nommy nomminton had to fight nemesis Mk 2 in which the jaw got broken off. And nommy died. The battery also exploded. And i spent 10 minutes getting all the corrosion out. Fun times. Nommy nommington could not get ready for its next fight and is now out of the tourney.

Then manta ray had to fight holesome. I didn't know the weapon that holesome had. And i just thought it was a grabber. Didn't really know that he had an overhead hole saw. But it doesn't matter because i pushed him over and out of the arena. First (or second) win of the event. Ayy.

Next was krave-lit against mr flipling. I did not know i was up against That. Flipper. So i went in with no idea of who i was fighting. He flipped me out. With a nice flip. And it landed. So. Nothing to say about that.

Then manta ray had to deal with boink. And it started with me being aggressive and flipping him around. And eventually being flipped over. Boink then had the struggle of pushing me out. As i continuously moved outside of my turning circle. It (of course) ended with me being pushed out.

Then krave-lit had a fight with the pushbot from mars. And...

IT WORKED!

Krave-lit grabbed the other robot. And controlled it around the arena. Before being pushed Nearly out pf the arena. However, he avoided it and the paper on krave-lit got ran over. And i drove out. And was left dangling. Until he drove off the paper on krave-lit. Krave-lit is now out of the tourney with one win, and two losses.

And then with manta ray as the only robot left. It was his turn to fight against smackdown. Again, i was being aggressive. But i just got pushed out at one point.

So now all three robots are out of the tourney. And i end the tourney at 2-5.... guess next is AWS58.
Daaa
Manta ray (2WD wedge bot)
Nom (Grabber)
Arena Sweeper (Undercutter)
FORCE WALL (Front-hinged Flipper)
TeamScrewUp

Re: Manta ray and Others

Post by TeamScrewUp »

So i have plans to take six robots to AWS58.

My plans are to take:

Manta ray - for the main competition
TVOUMBHR - for the main competition
Poptart tories - for the main competition
Krave-lit - for the main competition
Le spinny bois - for the lunchtime breaks.
BIF HIT! - for the gladiator/rumble

The condition they are in are:
Manta ray - ready
TVOUMBHR - not ready
Poptart tories - not ready
Krave-lit - ready
Le spinny bois - ready
BIG HIT! - not ready
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Re: TeamScrewUps poopoo bots

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Hola!!! Been a while. I wasn't intending on returning to making antweights but now i am for some reason. Because of quarantine and because i have way more free time i have decided to make some new bots. Here are my plans on bots i want to have ready for whenever the next Antweight event may be:

Manta Ray (Pusher)

Surprisingly Manta Ray has withstood the test of time and works wonderfully despite not being powered on in months. The drive works fine. Just a few new screws, a new tail and maybe a new wedge? (I'm undecided on a new wedge, since it still works wonderfully even when a little damaged.

Krave-lit (Dustpan grabber)

I put krave-lit in at Robonerd 2019 and it kind of fell apart. The idea i had was kind of genius as it technically worked really well. AWS 55 proved that paper side armour had potential, whilst it had zero defensive capabilities it allowed me to up the robot's size to be able to eat larger robots. Sadly though it never managed to win a fight and fell apart at Robonerd :/. Yeaaaaaa i am going to get new paper sides, new wedge mounts, a new head and more armour. Krave-lit weighed 135g so i have a lot of room for weight

Tiny Turtle (Overhead Spinner)

New robot. Just ordered parts today. Hopefully it'll be good!

Poptart tories (Cluster)

Poptart Tories have had mixed success in its time of existence. From AWS 54 where it was driven by me and Craig (thanks you legend) to AWS 55 where it got its ass kicked hard and died. The two controller set up is still a thing, i can control both robots rather than just one. Which will be fun. Just need a new part for Poptart and they are good as new
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

I have put the ideas for Krave-lit and Tiny Turtle on the shelf for a bit due to me not being able to make much space inside Tiny Turtle. Because of that i will be working on a different spinner.

As for Krave-lit i am using the parts for a different robot. So stay tuned for that.
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

I have just finished one of my new Antweights, say hello to Urchin

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHyH5ZUrU8Y ... wlnednbaje

(I don't know how to add images so i'll just link a post)

Annoyingly Urchin is a bit wide at 13cm. So hopefully it somehow fits in the cube or i am screwed. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. It has TPU for its armour so i guess i'll see how it holds up
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

At 13cm it might be ok depending on what the other dimensions are and the exact shape, I suggest you build a cube to check.

TPU is great armour if it's thick enough because stuff just bounces off. Good work.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

MarkR wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:25 pm At 13cm it might be ok depending on what the other dimensions are and the exact shape, I suggest you build a cube to check.

TPU is great armour if it's thick enough because stuff just bounces off. Good work.
I wish i could even build a cube haha. All the other dimmensions are less than 4" so i hope its good lol. Thanks for the kind words. Its been a pain to put together but i'm glad it works. I am curious as to how the TPU performs. Both for defence and offence. I stupidly haven't even weighed it yet so that will be fun to find out haha
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)
Kyro

Post by Kyro »

if those are 32mm pololu wheels then i think 13cm is too wide to fit diagonally, however it looks like you might get away with it fitting between opposite corners...

with 32mm wheels you can be about 110mm wide and fit the cube diagonally, however with the same setup you can be about 145mm wide and fit between the corners...

these measurements are wheel to wheel, which means you can have the actual robot roughly 30mm wider with the right shape...

Esper here is about 140mm wide at the front...

to post an image you need a hosting site (i use gyazo) and copy the link here (make sure the link ends in a picture format, just add .jpg at the end if it doesn't) and you post that link between (without spaces) [ img ] and [ / img] and your picture will show
Team Rocket
Trappist 1(4wd grab 'n' lift)
Ton 618 (4wd expanding bot)
Io(4wd flipper)
Lowtech

Post by Lowtech »

Kyro wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 pm if those are 32mm pololu wheels then i think 13cm is too wide to fit diagonally, however it looks like you might get away with it fitting between opposite corners...

with 32mm wheels you can be about 110mm wide and fit the cube diagonally, however with the same setup you can be about 145mm wide and fit between the corners...

these measurements are wheel to wheel, which means you can have the actual robot roughly 30mm wider with the right shape...

to post an image you need a hosting site (i use gyazo) and copy the link here (make sure the link ends in a picture format, just add .jpg at the end if it doesn't) and you post that link between (without spaces) [ img ] and [ / img] and your picture will show
I am I the only one who can hear Jonathan Pierce saying "it's too big to go down the pit!"?
Firestorm-in-a-teacup (2WD front hinged flipper)
Hydrant (4WD crusher) (in progress)
TeamScrewUp

Post by TeamScrewUp »

Kyro wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:04 pm if those are 32mm pololu wheels then i think 13cm is too wide to fit diagonally, however it looks like you might get away with it fitting between opposite corners...

Ah ok! Thank you for the tip on images lol. I needed that.

They are indeed 32mm pololu wheels, however they are kinda too small for the bot, but i guess i'll see how they do.

Hopefully i can. The only thing sticking far out are the wheels, everything else is well within the cube.

It should be able to? Hopefully. Dimension wise it is 13cm × 8.5cm × 3.2cm so hopefully that will do lol. Problem is the wheels stick out a lot more than i was hoping so i may just try get some that won't stick out as much lol
Daaa
Nom (Grabber)