Building A Spinner

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

SnazzyMadazzy

Building A Spinner

Post by SnazzyMadazzy »

Hi everyone, I'm in the process of building a spinner and I am just wondering what the dimensions are of a lot of the spinners, my chassis just seems to small, I can hardly fit the motors in, at the moment it's 8x8x2 cm. Also, I'm thinking of using an Afro 20A ESC but can anyone suggest a suitable motor. I have attached some pictures of the failed prototype chassis and also a poor CAD model of what I am trying to get it to look like. Thanks in Advance,
GeorgeR

Re: Building A Spinner

Post by GeorgeR »

That is probably a little small, most ants are near the limits of fitting in the cube, so for that type of design 12x10cm would be fairly typical.

For the motor/esc, the dys 1806 is a popular choice, and while the Afro 20a will work the 12a version is more common as it is smaller/lighter.
Team Zero - AWS 58 Champion!
Zero - rambot - - Axiom - axebot - - Valkyrie - drum spinner
Blueprint - rambot - - Vampire - horizontal spinner - - Particle - ???
RBMK - quad spinner gyro walker - - Duality - dual spinner gyro walker
SnazzyMadazzy

Re: Building A Spinner

Post by SnazzyMadazzy »

Thanks, George, I will look into the motors and will most likely buy the Afro 12a instead as I didn't know that was a powerful enough ESC.
I have built a larger chassis and it is a much better fit, It looks a bit like a weird bird/spaceship at the moment as I'm struggling with bending the polycarbonate at 90 degrees. I will post when I have made more progress.