Eddie J - DisinfectANT, Kinnettic Disassembly, Cilit BANG

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

EddieJ

Re: Eddie J - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG

Post by EddieJ »

Henwilled Antweight team wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:09 pm If that thing goes against a horizontal spinner, that thing will be mangled. Looks like a beautiful antweight! Amazing, how it isn't over weight
Probably! :lol: But with the alu front plate on, it will take a few hits. First hit, one of the bots is going to be out the arena anyway :P Just would be worried about the legs :?
T_Y wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:23 pm I can't wait to see this in action!
Someone is going to explode ;) ... probably self-explode :P
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
EddieJ

Re: Eddie J - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG, Halo

Post by EddieJ »

Nurrrghh ok im taking a break CilitBANG for now. Need something simpler for a bit. I got on and did one of the axels for the legs. There is the cam shaft to make which is going to be a real feat ... Lathing something 2mm thick and so long takes lots of patience

In an attempt to make something easier, im going to put together Halo. Named because the amount of void on the drisk, when spinning will make it look like it is just a suspended ring or halo :D Drisk is coming in at a mad 56g and 96mm diameter :?
Just roughed out the elements at the moment, although the drisk is final. Aside from maybe some teeth. Considering the weapon components are 85g :lol: again, I am not bothering with armour or anything on the chassis aside from the usual construction from threaded rod, spacers and perspex.

Im sure i would build these faster if i was not so burnt out from day work...

EDIT: Watched bugglebots and will rename this fella from Halo to "Kinnettic Disassembly"
Last edited by EddieJ on Sat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bots:
DisinfectANT (Antweight), Cilit BANG (WIP Antweight), Kinetic Disassembly (WIP Antweight)
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

*Cowers in fear of that drisk*

That'll be insane when it hits something!
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

T_Y wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm *Cowers in fear of that drisk*
That'll be insane when it hits something!
Or when it hits the wall :lol: Should be fun though!

Christmas holiday means time off work and actually managed to get the design to about 80% finished. Just the side pods to hold the electronics which will take about 2 hours work. Then the "polishing", making sure wires and screws will fit.
Really pleased how quick this one came together, about 12 hours design work. (as opposed to like .. 112 with Cilit Bang or DisinfectANT...) I guess im getting the workflow well-practiced now as each bot is designed the same way and fits together in a similar manner.

Will have a vs-horizontal spinner setup which the front forks can be quickly switched out to a front wedge.
Bots:
EddieJ

Re: Eddie J - DisinfectANT , Cilit BANG, Flash POWERspray

Post by EddieJ »

Annnd all done.

Need to shed 10g somehow too.
Glaring weakness from side attacks or flips... im half tempted to redesign the whole thing so that the wheels are at the front behind a big metal shield. Would drive better too and be easy to face the opponent at all times... maybe I'll do it tomorrow :lol:

.. now i am more tempted to redesign. But it would not be invertable.
Bots:
T_Y

Post by T_Y »

...Y'know, I've somehow only just realised that the drisk appears to be powered by two brushless motors, not just one...

AAAHHHHH RUN AWAY!
Thomas - Approximation Robotics AKA "the one that does the mechanums"

Ants:
PLA-ST Is a Perfectly Legitimate Choice of Material
Percussive Maintenance 4: A New Spinner
Stack Overflow

Beetles:
Déjà Vu/Two
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

T_Y wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:08 pm ...Y'know, I've somehow only just realised that the drisk appears to be powered by two brushless motors, not just one...
AAAHHHHH RUN AWAY!
:lol: :lol: Hahah yea because of the crazy gear ratio of the motor:disk, really needed to get a high KV motor. And then in order to get the mass of the disk moving, needed two of them. :roll:

Started building. So few components compared to the insane walker design, it is refreshing how fast this is going to be to make :lol:

Wheels 3d printed. Mould case 3d printed. Then as 3d printer material is fragile, the grey one is cast in polyurethane for the final hubs. One day I will not be so lazy and CNC these out of aluminium. But casting new copies in PU takes 5 minutes ... CNCing it with my setup would take 5 hours... so casting it is!

Snap fit into the moulds. Ready for the goo!

Anyone for cocktails? :P I have named it - the Mouth-Sealer! Will chop these out tomorrow.
Bots:
Ant Ipodean

Post by Ant Ipodean »

Looking good, but I am curious as to how the tyre will come out of the mould?

Mike.
EddieJ

Post by EddieJ »

Ant Ipodean wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:16 pm Looking good, but I am curious as to how the tyre will come out of the mould?
Mike.
With a bit of swearing and the ol' pull and twist motion, they came out OK. Using a mould release agent helps enormously too

And then after getting stuck in with the scalpel. They are cut free of the excess.

I made a bit of a mess of cutting the back of the other one. And there is a small bubble in it. So im going to keep these two as spares I think and run off some more. Can never have too many wheels... especially when they are exposed. I hope the thick rubber will make other spinners just bounce off :? :D

Shame they weigh 6g each >.< This bot is going to need to lose some weight somewhere... and I really dont want to thin the wheels down because of looks :lol: .. or remove one of the motors .. because I only have 3 minutes to get the weapon up to speed :P
Bots:
MarkR

Post by MarkR »

So you overmoulded the tyre on the wheel? Nice.

Looks good with the "wrap around gearbox" style too. Nice helical tred pattern.
Robots: Betsie - RaspberryPi controlled flipper bot with gyro stablisation - too clever for her own good?
Stacie - tidy flipper; 4wd driven by hair bands