New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Rhys

Post by Rhys »

They're only about 50-70k each. thats nothing, even on dial-up.

Edit: Forgot to mention, nice ants. I'm not sure all that crap on the wheels is helping though :D Was it a tad overweight? or do you like holes :P Anticide has put me out of the last 2 WS, so i think its time for a bit of revenge! Or not.....
Andrew_Hibberd

Post by Andrew_Hibberd »

Yeah, it was one heavy ant-it came in at 157g before the weight saving. So i removed the cases from the drive servos and had a real go at the armour. The fluff etc on the wheels is so i can drive-the lint was so sticky that i couldn't drive forwards. As the wheels are bigger than they were before and so are the drive servos.

I hadn't actually realised that i had put you out at both :oops: . The only thing these ants are designed to do is survice an encounter with anticyclone :wink: as 3 ants have been chewed so far :-? .
petec

Post by petec »

Please remove or reduce those pictures or I will delete them. Even at 70k they are heavy pictures - a good guide for a TOTAL WEBPAGE is 130kb inc all graphics!!
------------
RobotWars101.org
RobotWars101.co.uk
Antweights.com
Antweights.co.uk
AntweightWorldSeries.com
Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

Andrew, what I susally do is provide a link to large graphics, rather than include them on the forum.

Simon
draganflyer

Post by draganflyer »

Cavecrusher what motor did u use for that robot?
bobblebot

Post by bobblebot »

Well, my initial design for a second antweight has gone on to be the design for my upcoming featherweight, and so with Bobblebot nearly finished (at last :)) I though I would go for a lifter with hopefully a bit of a difference.

I'm hoping to get a "full body lifter" idea going. I may draw some pictures of initial designs in a high tech drawing program (Paint :P) and post them here, or reading through the thread, perhaps just links to them :D.
Flippt

Post by Flippt »

If you look at Olivers site, and how to, there you can see a "full body lifter", and in my oppionion.........FBL is sh*t :wink:
Swedish style!
Fight Robots, Not Humans!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

Andrew

Everyone should be able to edit their own posts, but IIRC there may be a time limit on editing - possibly 2 or 3 days. The "offending" post is older than that so it could be the answer.
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
olivers

Post by olivers »

I agree, thats why I never really made a full body lifter. I worked out you are better off with a manouverable speedy ant with a good lifter rather than the catch-all 360 dgree lifter.

Still a good excercise as it shows people the process of building an ant.