New Robots

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Simon Windisch

Post by Simon Windisch »

The reason why I don't modify my servos is that being 40 years old, and never having had terribly good reflexes anyway I just can't drive a speed modded servo.

Unless speed modding technology has moved on, the last time I looked the basic modification was to remove a gear. Now each gear usually has a ratio between the inner and outer gear of 15:1, in other words removing a gear makes the servo spin 15 times faster. That's just too fast for me.

Simon
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

u wimp Simon :smile:
I've got anto on 9:1 and I've still got 2kg of torque
torques nothing without grip remember that!!
BeligerAnt

Post by BeligerAnt »

RampAnt uses 2xSD200's (unmodified) plus a (Naro HP) lifter. It has big wheels (about 70mm I think) to improve the speed a bit. I think it has been our most reliable robot to date. The SD200's seem to take everything in their stride. The Brighton Uni kits used for the SetPoint / Children's University antweight competitions all use SD200's and they really do take a bashing!
Gary, Team BeligerAnt
paul

Post by paul »

i just made a 90 gram ant?!?! :-? i think im mad as all my others have been over weight... 60 gram under weight... what shall i do with the extra? could the rules be u can have 300g on 2 ants? lol.
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

60g free and you're stuck with what to do? Go brushless my friend, and cause some real destruction.
peterwaller

Post by peterwaller »

You must be a mind reader both MutANT and MilitANT are now brushless makeing the whole set complete. :roll:
Cavecrusher

Post by Cavecrusher »

sick :lol:
EpicentrE

Post by EpicentrE »

Awesome (scary) stuff Pete. Zenith's been upgraded to a brushless motor aswell, so It'll be interesting to see how that does, although I still havn't managed to get a disk done for it. College let me down yet again, and where my Dad works the machines are too big to grip the materials. Might have to end up using one of my old disks and putting stanley knife blades on it again, which I don't like the idea of considering what happened in Zenith and Militant's encounter at RRC4.
Scott Fyfe-Jamieson, Captain of Epic Robotics. Champion of AWS38/41/42.
http://www.epicrobotics.co.uk
Rhys

Post by Rhys »

Maybe I'll go brushless soon. The motor I have seems to work well, but there's always room for improvment. I've seen one that'll just slot right into my old gearbox.
Craig_Anto3

Post by Craig_Anto3 »

hmm Dave 3 was 97g and had a brushless motor
u wimps how bout a modified LRK (brushless motor) just tacho'd 200,000rpm!!!! now that would be impressive, wasnt done for anything we'll ever see but that is mighty cool