Reciver from Heli

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Hende

Reciver from Heli

Post by Hende »

So i just took out a E sky ek2-0424 receiver from my old heli as i want to use it in an ant weight. I just read online that the recommended voltage is 4.8 - 6.0 V but in the heli it was running a Lipo of 11.1V.

How does that work?

Thanks in advance
joey_picus

Re: Reciver from Heli

Post by joey_picus »

There will be a voltage regulator in the main helicopter speed controller that drops the voltage down to 5V to provide power to the reciever - if you plug the lipo directly into the reciever, it will likely go bang!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hende

Post by Hende »

joey_picus wrote:There will be a voltage regulator in the main helicopter speed controller that drops the voltage down to 5V to provide power to the reciever - if you plug the lipo directly into the reciever, it will likely go bang!
aha thats what i feared! Are there any voltage regulators you would recommend ?
joey_picus

Post by joey_picus »

It depends how you're driving your ant - if you're using motors the speed controller for those will have the exact same setup, but if you're using servos you'll need a separate regulator - realistically any step-down 5v one will work from an electronics store. Simon Windisch's website has some more information on a common setup if that's the route you're going down!
Joey McConnell-Farber - Team Picus Telerobotics - http://picus.org.uk/ - @joey_picus
"These dreams go on when I close my eyes...every second of the night, I live another life"
Hende

Post by Hende »

joey_picus wrote:It depends how you're driving your ant - if you're using motors the speed controller for those will have the exact same setup, but if you're using servos you'll need a separate regulator - realistically any step-down 5v one will work from an electronics store. Simon Windisch's website has some more information on a common setup if that's the route you're going down!
I will be using one of Rory's kits so hopefully this will all work. Thanks for the help!