Knappster's monstrosities!

All things antweight

Moderators: BeligerAnt, petec, administrator

Knappster

Re: Knappster's monstrosities!

Post by Knappster »

New tyre moulds have done their job :D. I also finally got the mix of silicone to catalyst right (really difficult in such small quantities). Sadly I can't move onto the weapon this weekend cos the aluminium tubing I order has the wrong wall thickness, ordered 1mm but they sent 1.5mm :(.

bot_bandit

Post by bot_bandit »

I love the design of this. Especially the blue wheel guards! It's fantastic to see so many unique looking bots in the forums lately! It would be great to see a drum spinner on this bot.
Luke H - Team Bandit
Knappster

Post by Knappster »

Thanks. Indeed it will be a drum spinner. I've just ordered the right aluminium tubing I hope. I've got a set of bearings for the non-motor side of the tube along with a 13mm diameter brushless motor and 6A ESC for it.

Also got some spare JST power connectors so it's easy to remove from the rest of the bot and replace it with something else should it break down.

I'm planning a flipper as well as a basic pushing wedge to add to the front. I hope modular weaponry isn't frowned upon, if so let me know.
Occashokka

Post by Occashokka »

There arent really many modular bots at the moment but there have been in the past and there is certainly no rules to stop you, I'm slightly nervous how the 1mm aluminium will work tho, my armour is 1.2mm alu at the moment and that took a huge gash in it from rory's spinner so I would be a little scared of that thing going spinner on spinner or even keeping its shape against strong titanium scoops
Team Badger
Has a 3d printer now yay
-£4.82+VAT (intact)
-cool modulated printed thingy
-not yet built nasty mean spinnt thingy

I'm gonna build something huge and stupid, try and stop me :P
Knappster

Post by Knappster »

I don't think the tubing I've ordered is pure aluminium, it's an alloy. I have some normal aluminium sheeting and that's as soft as butter to some tin snips.

I did try to find some titanium tubing the right size but didn't have any luck. It's also really expensive.